The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

How has Eriksen been working out at Spurs? He was all set to join Liverpool but we refused to raise the bidding. I always thought that he had great feet (and I don't mean that I have a fetish!) and great game intelligence, but haven't kept up since he didn't join us.

Hes been one of our best players this year but has had some injury problems, has been played out of position and Sherwood rarely plays him in the league.

Any decent manager would build the team round him, he was an absolute steal for £11m.

He is so naive and arrogant it begs belief, tactically we're just as bad as we were under AVB yet Sherwood never take any blame for it because he is 'Arry Lite an the press love him.

Looks like Tim slating the players at the weekend really did the job.

Might as well have Tim Westwood in charge :lol:

Edited by Tater Totts

He is so naive and arrogant it begs belief, tactically we're just as bad as we were under AVB yet Sherwood never take any blame for it because he is 'Arry Lite an the press love him.

You're statistically worse with Sherwood. Worse win percentage, worse loss percentage, scoring less goals per game and conceding more goals per game.

You're statistically worse with Sherwood. Worse win percentage, worse loss percentage, scoring less goals per game and conceding more goals per game.

Are you sure? I'm sure that I read just a few days ago that he has the best win ratio of any post-war Tottenham manager.

Are you sure? I'm sure that I read just a few days ago that he has the best win ratio of any post-war Tottenham manager.

If we only count league games he is doing better than AVB, if we count all competitions he is worse.

Lets be honest, as the manager of Porto he had by far the best players and team in the league, when he came to clubs that didn't have the players to suit his system he persisted with it rather than changing it and paid the price. Who in their right mind would play Terry or Dawson with a high line?

Guest Len B'stard

Sundays gonna be great, to see United fold against Liverpool followed by, perhaps my favorite of all fixtures, the North London Derby :D

Guest Len B'stard

Close but not quite, i can see where the confusion would arise, seeing as you're gonna get a good shaggin' this Sunday :D