The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Liverpool getting two converted penalties at the most Scouse-hostile ground in Britain. Best result in a long time.

Edited by NGOG

The red against kompany was harsh. Not good as he's key in the big games. Utd look shot. Van p doesn't even run. That's alright if the whole team are pressing but they are just standing off.

Holy fuck what a goal!

The arrogance is always hanging out of Van Persie, but he's fucking shit. That's what happens when you behave like a Judas cunt.

Two penalties at Old Trafford? Crazy!

I hear it should've been four...

Aye, they put away another after my post. Then nearly had a fourth. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Arsenal should be 3-0 up by now.

Told you it'd be tight. Messi's broken Barcas all time scoring record too…with a hatrick no less.

Edited by sugaraylen

Arsenal should be 3-0 up by now.

Told you it'd be tight. Messi's broken Barcas all time scoring record too…with a hatrick no less.

Shouldn't have been though, you should have been out of sight in the first 20 minutes.

Even when you parked the bus in the second half we never troubled you :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I love Leo Messi, can't deny it, i think he will prove himself to be the best player that ever lived. He's still young and fucking up monumental records, when this boys career is over he will be a by-word for football, yes, more than Pele, more than any of them, it is a privilege to live in his times, for anyone that misses knowing an age where we had Muhammad Ali's or the 1970 Brazil Squad or Joe Louis or whatever, i give you Lionel Messi. I've never worn any teams shirt but Arsenal, not even as a joke or on a bet…but i bought Messi's number 10 shirt because this has nothing to do with team allegiances, this is about the honour of living in the time of Lionel Messi, it is an honour and a privilege to experience the best football player that ever lived.

Edited by sugaraylen

Developed at Man United to a level nobody expected, and then hit new heights at Real Madrid. He has proven his ability in domestic leagues and also the world stage for international teams.

He can play in any formation as proven by the different managers he has worked under. Left Foot, Right Foot, Headers. First touch, power, pace, trickery, finesse... Ronaldo really has it all.

Messi meanwhile often looks lost when playing for Argentina and doesn't seem to have the same freedom that he plays with when surrounded by his Barcelona buddies in a team that has been built around him since about 2007-8.

That isn't downplaying what he does at Barcelona - no player scores the individual goals that he does without being something special, but lets be honest - the Spanish league is not famous for defending like England and Italy are. Messi is up against a bunch of flair defenders that are easily draw in by his shimmies.

That is of course all personal opinion, and I can see why people go for Messi, but if I had to choose one to join Chelsea it would be Ronaldo. At the end of the day, that is how I would be making the decision.

Anyway, Eden Hazard has everything that Ronaldo and Messi have except two things. Ronaldo's heading, and both of their consistency. Given time I hope that Hazard can reach their level - it would be truly special for me to have one of the worlds best players at Stamford Bridge.

Developed at Man United to a level nobody expected, and then hit new heights at Real Madrid. He has proven his ability in domestic leagues and also the world stage for international teams.

He can play in any formation as proven by the different managers he has worked under. Left Foot, Right Foot, Headers. First touch, power, pace, trickery, finesse... Ronaldo really has it all.

Messi meanwhile often looks lost when playing for Argentina and doesn't seem to have the same freedom that he plays with when surrounded by his Barcelona buddies in a team that has been built around him since about 2007-8.

That isn't downplaying what he does at Barcelona - no player scores the individual goals that he does without being something special, but lets be honest - the Spanish league is not famous for defending like England and Italy are. Messi is up against a bunch of flair defenders that are easily draw in by his shimmies.

That is of course all personal opinion, and I can see why people go for Messi, but if I had to choose one to join Chelsea it would be Ronaldo. At the end of the day, that is how I would be making the decision.

Anyway, Eden Hazard has everything that Ronaldo and Messi have except two things. Ronaldo's heading, and both of their consistency. Given time I hope that Hazard can reach their level - it would be truly special for me to have one of the worlds best players at Stamford Bridge.

AGREED.

That's the sort of dive that should get a ban. But then how would we do in Europe. Even the World Cup we need to perfect this diving and Gerrard show learn them how to take penos.

I rate Sturridge what a diving no shame prick. We need more bulletproof players like this.

as zlatan ibrahimovic once said, messi is pure talent and was born to do this – unlike ronaldo, he’s not a product of training.

ronaldo's style is mainly based on strength, he is an incredible athlete.

messi is not an athlete, his skills are more based on an amazing technique.

ronaldo is a great player (who would certainly be a great fit for a team like chelsea), but there's something magical about messi that makes him really special.

Edited by supercool

Guest Len B'stard

When Messi was 21 he was a G, Ballon D'ors and all that, when Ronaldo was 21 he was getting nudged off the ball tryna flip it with all that slick shit, all those step-overs and that, there's no comparison, Messi is a force of nature, he has that thing, that Maradona, Pele thing. Messi ain't done all that for Argentina as of yet but there's a distinct lack of otherwise quality with the Argies...and Ronaldo ain't exactly set the world on fire on the international stage either.

Messi isn't just better than him, he is better than him by a fair margin, Messi is can do spot kicks, he good with either foot, I've seen him take on a few headers too even, despite his height, this idea of Ronaldo being the more complete player is simply not true.