The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Honestly? I do not see how your lot can come out of this smiling, it's just one of them fixtures, City are gonna be going for it, not least cuz this is their (or one of their) games in hand, they can-fucking-not afford to be fluffin' these at this point in the season...then the fixture being what it is, it's bicycle clips time basically :lol:

Well it was the whole laid back attitude I think they didn't agree with :lol:

"The cliques at the training ground had become so bad that a rule had to be introduced that only three Spanish players were allowed to sit at each table when the squad had lunch. The players complained Laudrup was aloof, not interested in training and even refused to take sessions when it was raining."

Doesn't surprise me, always came across that Laudrup saw Swansea as a stepping stone and wasn't personally invested in the club. That was only made worse by the falling out the club had with Laudrup's agent who demanded a say in the transfer policy at the club.

One of the reasons I am hesitant about him to Spurs is that at the end of the day will he care? All signs point to no.

Edited by Tater Totts

If Utd defeat City tonight - which I think is more possible than many are saying - it will be the most important result of Moyes' career.

Big game from Rooney needed.

You think it'll have a bearing on whether he's kept on?

Not if they're beaten by a one or two goal margin. But if they concede five or more goals, it will be very hard for the board to defend Moyes' future at the club.

It'd be stupid to sack him though - don't get me wrong, immensely underwhelming this season - but the point is to build stability for future. What would that say about us if we binned him now?

As I've said before, Moyes inherited an abysmal selection from Fergie. Sir Alex made sure he had the team for one last league title, and basically said "fuck it" to subsequent seasons.

It is definitely not Moyes' fault, and he has been scapegoated for a problem created by Fergie's ego, but try telling that to the Utd masses. They think Fergie is a god whose powers made them win last year's league, whereas in reality he just made some very good short-term buys i.e. VP.

It'd be stupid to sack him though - don't get me wrong, immensely underwhelming this season - but the point is to build stability for future. What would that say about us if we binned him now?

As I've said before, Moyes inherited an abysmal selection from Fergie. Sir Alex made sure he had the team for one last league title, and basically said "fuck it" to subsequent seasons.

It is definitely not Moyes' fault, and he has been scapegoated for a problem created by Fergie's ego, but try telling that to the Utd masses. They think Fergie is a god whose powers made them win last year's league, whereas in reality he just made some very good short-term buys i.e. VP.

I don't think that's altogether the case - the support particular at OT has been phenomenal. I know that some of my friends who are also stalwart fans have given up on him mind.

You're right that it's probably the "masses" that cause the problem - but I don't think that board are going to be that reactionary. Bobby Charlton came out today and said they're backing him - and I believe that, no matter what happens tonight.