The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

It would be glorious if Liverpool won it. And in such style with two flair strikers. I remember watching them grind out a 1-0 win against Birmingham and Rush scored in the 91st minute or something in the rain on the Kop. I think they won it that year but that was a miserable time.

City for me.

Not Arsenal for obvious reasons.

Not Liverpool because some of their fans are the most obnoxious football fans I've ever met.

I want:

Chelsea

City

Nobody (Premiership abandoned forever due to Referees strike)

I could see that.

Guest Len B'stard

It would be glorious if Liverpool won it. And in such style with two flair strikers. I remember watching them grind out a 1-0 win against Birmingham and Rush scored in the 91st minute or something in the rain on the Kop. I think they won it that year but that was a miserable time.

I think they got as good a chance as any, it'd be nice to see a return of the boys in the red Candy shirts, showing my fuckin age here :lol:

I think they got as good a chance as any, it'd be nice to see a return of the boys in the red Candy shirts, showing my fuckin age here :lol:

They've got to play us, City and Chelsea at home still, can see them getting a result from all of those games really and that will put them in good standing.

Liverpool v Chelsea could be important. not sure if it's at anfield or bridge. if Liverpool beat them that could hand City the title.

what was the Barnes era called. They all turned up at the FA Cup. Spice Boys? something gay like that. that team was good too McMahaon cropping people, Barnes, Macmananam. Benitez really ruined them. but for a season or two they were alright with that midget attacking mid.

I guess Liverpool have to win all their games. But it's so random that everyone keeps losing. Chelsea had that disaster against Villa. City and Liverpool look more convincing. But still Chelsea I have a sneaky felling they will win it and Moron will get to be a giant prick about it.

Guest Len B'stard

Liverpool v Chelsea could be important. not sure if it's at anfield or bridge. if Liverpool beat them that could hand City the title.

what was the Barnes era called. They all turned up at the FA Cup. Spice Boys? something gay like that. that team was good too McMahaon cropping people, Barnes, Macmananam. Benitez really ruined them. but for a season or two they were alright with that midget attacking mid.
I could've been a Liverpool supporter yknow. When i was at that very formative age and you see teams for the first time Liverpool sort of caught my eye, used to rate John Barnes...were it not for my dads and brothers influence who knows. They were just THE team of my day. But growing up in the household I did i could've never been anything but an Arsenal supporter, it really runs deep, remember seeing my old mans school books from the 70s and they have Arsenal scrawled all over em :). Thats nothing though, i met this lad whoose dad supports em (named him Liam after Brady) grandad supported em, like since forever this family had Arsenal in em, brilliant :)

But Liverpool are a great team with a great history and great support, i have a sort of affection for them really.

Arsenal through and through though :)

Edited by sugaraylen

They seem to have retained their identity even if that Moneyball guy owns them. They have an underdog old school appeal. I support Coventry City. Well I did but after all the relegation battles and beating Spurs in the FA Cup I think I had to let it go. I still have the book I made following their 1985 season. Writing with a proper ink pen. Copying the ratings, scorers and attendances. 9,000. Gibson 2. Heartbreaking shit. Panini stickers all over it. A work of art really. Tracy Emimin would make a installation of it to pay for her abortions.

Guest Len B'stard

Scroll back, ive always rated Suarez and Liverpool, i wanted him desperately for Arsenal and even before he was linked to us, even during the 'my little black friend' thing.

In fact in this very thread months and months back i was talking about Anfield and how amazing it must be to stand on that pitch and hear 'you'll never walk alone' ringing out.

I was talking more in general terms rather than just here, so many people are coming out of the cracks and backing Liverpool now when last season they were slating them for Suarez and his actions despite being a good player.

Believe me Len, I've always rated him too. I wanted him to sign for us when Spurs were linked with him after the 2010 World Cup but Sherwood and Ferdinand who scouted him said he wouldn't cut it in the Prem. And people ask me why I want Sherwood out asap :lol: