The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Anyone else wanna dive for Liverpool?

The tackle on Suarez was clearly a foul. Lucky to stay on, too.

Oh no doubt about that mate, I was referring to pretty much every other so called foul. Suarez johnson and skrtel. Funny how the majority of people criticise other leagues like the spanish for all the diving and feigning injuries but our league is rapidly becoming exactly the same. Edited by Ryan95
  • Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

I feel United and Bayern are polar opposites, on the "how to handle life after your all-conquering manager retires" scale.

Yeah but one was getting Pep and the other was getting a schlepper ;)

Guest Len B'stard

Fuck me. My heart's pounding like McCoy's on a first date.

*wipes away beads of sweat*

Yeah my heart was beating like that last night only we came out less rosy, by way of an own goal too...horrible thought eh? :lol:

Fuck me. My heart's pounding like McCoy's on a first date.

*wipes away beads of sweat*

Yeah my heart was beating like that last night only we came out less rosy, by way of an own goal too...horrible thought eh? :lol:

I was sitting here whispering "please don't do an Arsenal!! Please don't do an Arsenal!!"

Anyone else wanna dive for Liverpool?

The tackle on Suarez was clearly a foul. Lucky to stay on, too.

Oh no doubt about that mate, I was referring to pretty much every other so called foul. Suarez johnson and skrtel. Funny how the majority of people criticise other leagues like the spanish for all the diving and feigning injuries but our league is rapidly becoming exactly the same.

Going to quote this as it's like the first time ever we've agreed haha.

for those who like derby matches, on sunday in Argentina we have the SuperClásico Boca Jrs- River Plate in La Bombonera.

A British magazine said the superclásico in La Bombonera is one of the must-see things before you die. I'll be at the stadium :headbang:

Who do you support?

Doesn't the Argentinian league have some funny setup that runs over 2 seasons, and one year a team won the league but were nearly relegated?

Yeah I heard it works on average results over several years.

Len apparently Abou Diaby is returning on April Fools Day, not sure if it true or an actual cupcake.

Edited by Tater Totts

Doesn't the Argentinian league have some funny setup that runs over 2 seasons, and one year a team won the league but were nearly relegated?

Yeah I heard it works on average results over several years.

Absolutely right- it's a bizarre system.

Guest Len B'stard

City ftw tomoz len? ;)

Fuck offffffffffffffffffff :lol: As much as I love City when they are trampling all over the Salford Reds (by the way, the farce, uh i mean class of 92 from United have bought Salford, tracing their squads roots clearly!) it's all about the Arsenal and always will be, bring em on, half of em played for us anyway, Nasri, Clichy, Kolo Toure, yous lot bought silverware off of our training ground, we had Arteta take you out that other time before, come with it :thumbsup:

(translation: please don't rape us :lol:)

yeah, it's an average: the points they win divided by the matches they played, some teams divide different than others, the ones who were in 2nd division and made it to the 1st, divide by less matches,so it's harder for them. Until July 2013 the last 2 two teams in the averages were relegated, and the 2 teams before them, played a 'promotional' match, against the 3rd,and the 4th one in the 2nd division. Really crappy...

The Derby it's 18:15 local time, don't miss it. You'll see what is a REAL crowd ;)