The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

The Barca faithful are a very fickle bunch, they hounded Zlatan out, and they've been giving Neymar a hard time too. Who pulled them out of a whole this evening? Neymar.

Who went onto to become one of the most valuable players in the world? Zlatan.

Edited by NGOG

Rooney gets shoulder charged off the ball fair and square,gets straight up hands in the air verbally abusing the ref coz someone dared to take the ball off him. Then no more than a minute later he's to be fair got fouled but dives over schweinsteigers leg so theatrically (where for some reason both his legs just collapse and his arms go into a superman pose) that he gets the player booked and sent off. He is a cunt of the highest order. I'm sticking up for the Nazi.and I hate Germans so that says a lot about my hatred for Rooney.

Zlatan was more of a Pep thing, their philosophies were completely different and it wasn't until he left that Barca became the best side in Europe.

Zlatan wasn't given an opportunity at the Nou Camp, he can't be at all blamed. 16 goals in 29 is very good.

He was just scapegoated.

Edited by NGOG

Rooney gets shoulder charged off the ball fair and square,gets straight up hands in the air verbally abusing the ref coz someone dared to take the ball off him. Then no more than a minute later he's to be fair got fouled but dives over schweinsteigers leg so theatrically (where for some reason both his legs just collapse and his arms go into a superman pose) that he gets the player booked and sent off. He is a cunt of the highest order. I'm sticking up for the Nazi.and I hate Germans so that says a lot about my hatred for Rooney.

You hate Bayern because the Luftwaffe bombed your granddad's chippy?

Zlatan was more of a Pep thing, their philosophies were completely different and it wasn't until he left that Barca became the best side in Europe.

Zlatan wasn't given an opportunity at the Nou Camp, he can't be at all blamed. 16 goals in 29 is very good.

He was just scapegoated.

I'm not disagreeing but it is a fact that both Zlatan's and Pep's personalities didn't mesh well together.

Pep decided that instead of having a striker that would question him he would sell him and get Villa who was much more suited to the style of football Pep wanted to play due to his higher workrate.

No coincidence that the season after they sold Zlatan Barca won the CL.

Zlatan is an exceptional player but he wasn't a Barca player, not his fault he didn't mesh with Pep and no reason why he should change how he plays as like I said he is exceptional.

He was just scapegoated.

I'm not disagreeing but it is a fact that both Zlatan's and Pep's personalities didn't mesh well together.

Pep decided that instead of having a striker that would question him he would sell him and get Villa who was much more suited to the style of football Pep wanted to play due to his higher workrate.

No coincidence that the season after they sold Zlatan Barca won the CL.

Zlatan is an exceptional player but he wasn't a Barca player, not his fault he didn't mesh with Pep and no reason why he should change how he plays as like I said he is exceptional.

That's the only point you can really make. Pep resented Zlatan's arrogance - because he is an arrogant character himself - so he literally stopped speaking to him. Like Mourinho and Mata, he refused to adapt his philosophy around Zlatan's ability.

In my opinion, you can't really link Barca's 2010-2011 Champions League win with Zlatan's departure. At the end of the day, it's not like the season Zlatan spent at Barca was particularly bad. Yes they went out of the Champions League at the semi-final stage - which there is no shame in - but they still won 4 titles (and won the league by a record number of points).

Guest Len B'stard

Not saying Barca aren't a good team but at the moment Bayern are better.

Hopefully they face each other at some point this year so we can see how they both do a year on.

Bayern'd be favourites for sure, I'm just saying in terms of like....this Bayern today are better than this Barca today or rather they're very close, I couldn't loudly proclaim Barca better but i just loved Barca's style and philosophy of play, there's something so classy about it, when i was banging on with my praise it was more about that, the grandeur, the mes que un club stuff, the nou camp, the sheer talent its entertained in its history...and even where it is as a team today, with the squad it has today, i'd be a fool to deny they've diminished and Bayern are a lot of the reason why but I see it to be a blip quite honestly, Barca are just sick.

Guest Len B'stard

The Barca faithful are a very fickle bunch, they hounded Zlatan out, and they've been giving Neymar a hard time too. Who pulled them out of a whole this evening? Neymar.

Who went onto to become one of the most valuable players in the world? Zlatan.

Ibra is a cock though. Look, that team was being built around Messi, now as good as Ibra is Messi is a juggernaut, any team in the world would sacrifice an Ibra for the oppertunity to build themselves around a Messi, now the big nosed bastard can get the hump about that if he likes but it is what it is and it is how it would work out in 100% of identical instances. And he weren't exactly complimentary about em all afterwards so it's no suprise they don't like him.

And I don't think they've been giving Neymar a hard time, fact is Pedro and Alexis (and i never thought I'd say the last one, never really thought much of him) have been in better form, it's just a fact, this is how it goes. Now a little has been made of this but it's a storm in a teacup overall really.

Since the scandal relating to Neymar's transfer fee broke he has been hounded by the press and Barca fans, his form dipped as a result and the media and fans have been criticising him even more as a result.

Bit like Bale really, he has 12 La Liga goals and 14 La Liga assists, was the first player this season in Spain to get into double figures for both but because of the huge fee Madrid paid and his injuries he has been given a hard time.

If you look at both Bale and Neymar's stats they have been fantastic for a first year in a different league and the criticism of them has been primarily due to events/ factors off the pitch.