The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Does everytime the ball go into the opposition's box do Liverpool just claim handball? Referee was awful today, two wrongs don't make a right. Seemed like the ref gave that penalty for pretty much nothing to make up for his mistake in the first half. Tiring to me all these awful decisions that make the game so frustrating to watch as they are becoming more and more frequent.

Guest Len B'stard

What do yous reckon about both teams

To score tommorow for Dortmund v Real, bearing in mind Lewandowski will be back and home advantage and all that...plus a 3-0 deficit to overturn?

Guest Len B'stard

They're calling for Wengers head again. Load of fuckin' bollocks, the blokes had us top of the league over half the season, it ain't a manager problem it's a player problem, they take a kicking when they don't turn up and play like they're fuckin' kids. We're better placed this season to win silverware (FA Cup) than ever in the last couple of years and they're still pissing and moaning. Lot of injuries as well.

They're calling for Wengers head again. Load of fuckin' bollocks, the blokes had us top of the league over half the season, it ain't a manager problem it's a player problem, they take a kicking when they don't turn up and play like they're fuckin' kids. We're better placed this season to win silverware (FA Cup) than ever in the last couple of years and they're still pissing and moaning. Lot of injuries as well.

Survely Wenger has to take some of the blame for not strengthening the squad when he had the chance? Doesn't deserve the kicking he is getting but he still has a share of the blame.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh definitely, i just don't like the way they turn on a fuckin' penny like that and go from 'Aw, good ol' Wenger, he was paying off the stadium weren't he? He'll show em!' to 'that useless french cunt!'.

Mentality of football fans. Most Spurs fans were happy when we were winning under Sherwood, once we start playing badly and losing we fucking turn on managers like rabid dogs.

Liverpool fans were calling for Rodgers to be sacked last season.

Everton fans hated Martinez after the first few games.

Perceptions change quickly once things start going well/ badly.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh i know but i mean when i just look at it, the point differential, it could just as easily be United too and like...it's not an inconceivable coming together of circumstances that could make United 4th, Arsenal 5th, Everton 6th...or even United 4th, Everton 5th, Arsenal 6th. You'll have to forgive me, I've been privy to United pulling these fuckin' dodgy strokes since as long as I knew what football was...also i think it has a lot to do with United being the more hurtful should they go above us, for reason of immense personal dislike...gargantuan even.