The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Your hard on for them is embarrassing mate :P

Well, you're an easily embarrassed lot, you Spuds, as the record shows :lol:

Next season, just you watch, next season lol

Watch what, them lot do us? Alright mate, the day i fuckin' grow a pair of tits and change my name to Audrey :lol:

Next season will probably be a disaster, we will go for van Gaal as manager and probably get stuck with Les Ferdinand.

Guest Len B'stard

No seriously, you cannot possibly seem to contemplate the fact Barca aren't as good as you think they are :lol:

Of course they're not, what, as good as like 2010/11 Barca? Definitely not, it's just the style of play i like, you could even go so far as to say, as is in some quarters, that it's a 'found out' style of play...or rather the players they have these days can't execute it as well anymore, it's still a beauty to behold when it starts to flow though. It's an idle 'if it ain't Arsenal' thing, nothing more.

Where is the sarcasm font?

You'll have to excuse me, I'm getting a bit dozy in my old age :lol: Was gonna say, this don't sound like a GOAB comment :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Watch what, them lot do us? Alright mate, the day i fuckin' grow a pair of tits and change my name to Audrey :lol:

That happens and we might have to reassess our relationship you olive skind temptress

Guest Len B'stard

You want beautiful football that works? Watch Bayern or Liverpool.

Well at the moment United might want a word with you. As for Liverpool, mate, its only been one season and even that one ain't over yet, lets not jump the gun here.

Well at the moment United might want a word with you. As for Liverpool, mate, its only been one season and even that one ain't over yet, lets not jump the gun here.

You never said it had to be beautiful over more than one season, regardless of where Liverpool finish they have been a joy to watch this year.

Even when Barca were at their peak Inter and Chelsea stifled them and made them look ordinary.

Guest Len B'stard

Bayern must like...motivation-less. They done everything last season, they ended their league season this season fuck knows how many weeks early...must be hard to keep motivated. And like...in practise in terms of fierceness of your play.

You never said it had to be beautiful over more than one season, regardless of where Liverpool finish they have been a joy to watch this year.

Even when Barca were at their peak Inter and Chelsea stifled them and made them look ordinary.

True.

Guest Len B'stard

Pat Viera said something similar to The Lord of Highbury Mr Thierry Henry when we won the title ahead of time like 'i don't know what I'm playing for'. Well, the back of the net Patrick my dear, seems as good a direction as any :lol:

Barcelona's peak football, all of this Tiki-Taka, was absolutely no different to what Liverpool made work so successfully for two decades - pass and move, pass and move.

And they were a lot more solid with it too. Then again you could say that about Arsenal invincibles, there's a sort of an intricacy to Barcas one though, a sort of an eye of a needle thing whereas Liverpool (and The Invincibles) were more about bursting into space with it, Barca like to go through tight holes (grow up, you're a sodding Oxford graduate, pull yourself together man! :lol:)

Guest Len B'stard

I will never grow up when it comes to making childish jokes, Len.

:lol:

I was just seizing upon a rare opportunity to act superior, i wouldn't want you to dear :wub:

Ladies and Gentlemen, a rare moment where somebody used Liverpool and a variant of work in the same sentence. Wall pushing, whiplash claiming dole scroungers.

Edited by Chris1989

Ladies and Gentlemen, a rare moment where somebody used Liverpool and a variant of work in the same sentence. Wall pushing, whiplash claiming dole scroungers.

That would be two sentences, you plastic flag waving fucker.

"Wall Pushing" - if that is a reference to Heysel then you are a classless, pathetic little man.

Edited by PappyTron