The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

You want beautiful football that works? Watch Bayern or Liverpool.

Ladies and Gentlemen, a rare moment where somebody used Liverpool and a variant of work in the same sentence. Wall pushing, whiplash claiming dole scroungers.

That would be two sentences, you plastic flag waving fucker.

"Wall Pushing" - if that is a reference to Heysel then you are a classless, pathetic little man.

I really, really hope it wasn't...

There's football banter, and then there's just plain sickening. Disappointed Chris - you of all people, given your admirable battles with mortality, should be conscious of tragedy!

Guest Len B'stard

Oh leave off man, OK so its not the nicest thing to say but we hear the equivalent every weekend on the terraces no?

Edited by sugaraylen

"Always the victims, it's never your fault"

I would apologise, but I saw the toilets at Old Trafford that Liverpool fans smashed up and scrawled Munich 58 all over the place.

Hillsborough may not have happened if Liverpool fans hadn't been trying to force the gates to get in (which the police opened for their own safety) and yes, it was discussed and never argued against in every review and inquest.

I didn't see anybody post that Joe Cole admitted that new signings HAVE to talk about how big a club Liverpool is. Now that's pathetic.

"Always the victims, it's never your fault"

I would apologise, but I saw the toilets at Old Trafford that Liverpool fans smashed up and scrawled Munich 58 all over the place.

Hillsborough may not have happened if Liverpool fans hadn't been trying to force the gates to get in (which the police opened for their own safety) and yes, it was discussed and never argued against in every review and inquest.

I didn't see anybody post that Joe Cole admitted that new signings HAVE to talk about how big a club Liverpool is. Now that's pathetic.

So because a some fans do something you must tar them all with the same brush?

Guess what? Hillsborough also might not have happened if the police did their jobs correctly, yes the police opened the gates but they didn't direct people into the correct pens and instead let the Liverpool fans walk into the already overflowing ones.

Regardless of what did happen it doesn't excuse being a prick about it, if Chelsea had been in Liverpools position and someone made a comment about it you would react badly because you're a passionate fan but instead of being a man and admitting what you said was out of place you taken it further.

Whoa whoa wait a fucking minute.

I LOVE football banter but Chris just well and truly over stepped the line -- As if our forum members have any idea what they post on the walls of the toilet at Old Trafford!? hardly seems right that you 'retort' your small minded views here then; people that get into those deep discussions ("....he said she said she said my dads bigger than yours....") are as fucking idiotic as each other and it's just repugnant to me, take a bow son.

Of course the large majority of us know where the line is between banter and just bad taste jokes/opinions and I'm disappointed I need to step into this but enough is enough.

If I see further discretions of a similar nature I will follow up with suspensions -- Move on please, thank you :)

Guest Len B'stard

Whoa whoa wait a fucking minute.

I LOVE football banter but Chris just well and truly over stepped the line -- As if our forum members have any idea what they post on the walls of the toilet at Old Trafford!? hardly seems right that you 'retort' your small minded views here then; people that get into those deep discussions ("....he said she said she said my dads bigger than yours....") are as fucking idiotic as each other and it's just repugnant to me, take a bow son.

Of course the large majority of us know where the line is between banter and just bad taste jokes/opinions and I'm disappointed I need to step into this but enough is enough.

If I see further discretions of a similar nature I will follow up with suspensions -- Move on please, thank you :)

Seriously Subsy, over that, why? I mean it's contentious and like...might've been a bit raw in the way he presented his opinion but at the same time he's just expressing an opinion, it's not like he's spamming the forum with pictures of big willies or something, it's not like...disruptive or pointless abuse, the man has a dislike for LFC, he's always had that and he's saying his opinion about why and anyone is welcome to agree or disagree...why the need for suspension?

I got a warning for something similar (who put the ball in the Munichs net? Yaya, Yaya!) and that was more deserving of it than Chris cuz i was purposely going out of my way to wind people up with no kinda argument or position being held other than my wanting to take the piss out of Reds but what Chris is doing is a bit more...pointed than that.

Edited by sugaraylen

Len, I HATE Newcastle with a passion (banter but NEVER personal) and so on and so forth but "wall pushing"? People died mate, called me old fashioned but I just don't find that funny, and regardless, given Chris' 'reasons' for his outburst are clearly hate filled as he's mentioned some vague story about what Liverpool fans have done to the toilets at OT, WTF!?!? just not right and not on my forum, sorry.

Len because it is completely unnecessary?

Could have very well made his point without saying that remark.

I might not like Chelsea very much but I don't judge their entire fan base on the fact they made hissing gas noises towards Spurs fans taking the piss out of the Holocaust because I know it is an idiotic subsection of fans and they don't represent the entire fan base.

Guest Len B'stard

Len, I HATE Newcastle with a passion (banter but NEVER personal) and so on and so forth but "wall pushing"? People died mate, called me old fashioned but I just don't find that funny, and regardless, given Chris' 'reasons' for his outburst are clearly hate filled as he's mentioned some vague story about what Liverpool fans have done to the toilets at OT, WTF!?!? just not right and not on my forum, sorry.

The point he's trying to make is 'OK, my comment is out of order and I would apologise but I'm talking about fans that throw mud at tragedies too', now two wrongs don't make a right and everything but there's something resembling a point being made there, whether I agree with it or not. But fair play man, is your forum and that, I don't mean to make a UN Round Table Conference over it :lol:

On a slight tangent, I knew a Geordie once that refused to drive through Sunderland? Mental eh? Like even if it meant going hours out of his way, he just refused to drive through the fucker. Footballing passions run deep.

I know it is an idiotic subsection of fans and they don't represent the entire fan base.

You'd be suprised just how much they do represent.

The point he's trying to make is 'OK, my comment is out of order and I would apologise but I'm talking about fans that throw mud at tragedies too', now two wrongs don't make a right and everything but there's something resembling a point being made there, whether I agree with it or not. But fair play man, is your forum and that, I don't mean to make a UN Round Table Conference over it :lol:

I didn't get that impression from the response at all, the fact he started his reply off with "Always the victims, never your fault" showed a blatant lack of remorse and respect over the previous comment made.

So you would allow the actions of a group of thugs to shape how you view a club? Are you aware that EVERY club attracts scum?

You treat ignorance with ignorance - if the whole world did that we'd all still be neanderthals FFS.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

Strange that Zlatan couldn't get on with a stubborn coach like Pepe, yet worked so well with an equally stubborn man like Jose:

Guest Len B'stard

This is the kinda of shit I avoided the forum because of.

There is banter but true fans unite in tragedy,not use it as a stick to beat each other with.

You really should be ashamed you see life the way you do.

Wait...so GOAB is bothered by the sick and offensive? When did this happen? :lol: Fuckin' hell man, whats the missus been doing to you!

This is the kinda of shit I avoided the forum because of.

There is banter but true fans unite in tragedy,not use it as a stick to beat each other with.

You really should be ashamed you see life the way you do.

Wait...so GOAB is bothered by the sick and offensive? When did this happen? :lol: Fuckin' hell man, whats the missus been doing to you!

There is a difference my old sun beam.

As you know my humour is very dark, in the name of comedy nothing is off limits. If it is funny its fair game. That being said, his comment wasn't about humour, it was an unpleasant generalisation based on tragedy. The equivalent of saying Jews make a big deal of the holocaust.

If it was said in a joking sense then I would have found it a bit fucked but hey ho. His comment came from a dark place and took it beyond a bit of banter.