The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Wigan tommorow. Cazorlas been chatting shit in the papers lately too.

"We haven't got a winning mentality and we have to believe in ourselves more," Cazorla said. "Sometimes you can get used to not fighting but we can't do that. Arsenal is and always will be a historic club.

"We've been unlucky in several games. We had a lot of chances to win against Manchester United [0-0] and there was Özil's penalty miss [in the last-16 tie] against Bayern Munich. We couldn't recover after going out against Bayern in the Champions League. And the [1–0] defeat against Stoke finished us [in the league]. You can't lose against Stoke if you aspire to be the next champion."

The club intend to spend heavily again in the summer, after breaking their transfer record for Özil last autumn. "Arsenal has everything to win," Cazorla added. "History, infrastructure, an incredible stadium and great players but we have to improve at crucial moments and sign the best players because if you don't do that, you may lag behind others.

"That is what makes it different at other clubs. You've a good example in Manchester City, who signed Fernandinho, [Álvaro] Negredo or even Manchester United with [Robin] van Persie and [Juan] Mata. Arsenal know what they need next season but it's almost impossible to win a title if we haven't got these kind of things."

I have an idea short arse, maybe you should put more match winning performances in. I hate players that do that while forgetting they start in the team that isn't good enough.

Vertonghen did that a could of weeks ago and completely omitted the fact he made three mistakes which led to goals in previous matches :lol:

Arsenal need Higuain, Cavani and Diego Costa.

Sounds so easy doesn't it.
Kind of the opposite of but arsenal do make 50 mil profits a year. The only prem club that does. That's why they keep wenger he is profitable without silverware.

Guest Len B'stard

It's called management, a word that the rest of the teams of the Premiership might wanna try looking up in the dictionary.

I didn't realise Mingolet, Agger, Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho, Henderson, Allen, Lucas, Assaidi, Aspas and Enrique were all free transfers.

Glad David Brent pointed out that they were free when he said Liverpool aren't buying the title.

Guest Len B'stard

Slight tangent but the house i live in is being worked on by builders at the moment, all of whom know I'm an Arsenal supporter so while the place is a bit of a bomb site they've been writing their team names on the wall to wind me up, they've put Chelsea on there...and Liverpool too and since i've seen it I've been tempted to put the word 'The' before Liverpool and 'Wall Pushers' after it, as inspired by your post. I ran it by my brother and he told me not to do it and called me a fuckin' dickhead but I'm 50% decided on doing it, if only cuz them lot have been ripping the fuck out of me since Arsenal have started folding this season, they're winding me up about it something rotten, the bastards :lol:

The Chelsea one was funny, I saw him the morning after the CL game they just won and he's like 'See that? Thats how it's done! Pay homage son, pay homage!' Smug bastard :lol: Was gonna scrawl something by the Chelsea too but I can't think of anything suitably insulting :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

If you did do that I wouldn't be surprised if you came back to a house with no walls left. Liverpool fans don't really see any humour in Hillsborough and I can see why.

And knowing you mate you were probably giving them lots of stick when you were doing well ;)

Guest Len B'stard

Yes, i think it's best that I avoid doing it i think. I always have this should i/shouldn't i dilemmas and end up going for it and regretting it hugely later, like a prat :lol: