The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Chris really fuck off, if Chelsea were the team involved in Hillborough you would never shut up about it.

At the end of the day regardless of whose fault it was 96 Liverpool fans died, men, women and children who did nothing wrong aside from go watch a game on that fateful day.

There is no reason why they should be forgotten and it is quite sad that you hold something like that over Liverpool. Again if 96 Chelsea fans had died you would want to remember them regardless of the circumstances.

Guest Len B'stard

Was you up at Anfield Chris?

God no, haven't set foot in Liverpool for the best part of a decade since family moved away.

Whatcha mean 'family moved away', so you're a scouser then?!?!

God no, haven't set foot in Liverpool for the best part of a decade since family moved away.

No, my family is made up of Brummies, Bristolians, Cockneys...

Ok Totts, how about I write about Matthew Harding every few weeks and spend a month discussing him every anniversary?

Fine by me if you want to, any tragedy deserves to be remembered regardless of the loss of life.

The point still stands that you're a very passionate Chelsea fan as your posts indicate and if Chelsea were the ones involved in Hillsborough and not Liverpool you would act very differently.

Guest Len B'stard

No, my family is made up of Brummies, Bristolians, Cockneys...

Ok Totts, how about I write about Matthew Harding every few weeks and spend a month discussing him every anniversary?

Was gonna say, it'd shine a funny light on your dislike for The Pool. I can't seriously judge you on that shit though, considering the shit i say about United and...y'know, those ones down the road with the white shirts.

You really should be banned, you are an utter Cunt.

For pointing out that Liverpool use Hillsborough to promote their club, or for mentioning that the fans who cried at Anfield then bricked a coach full of fans - an act that could kill. Oh the irony on this week of all weeks.

Nasty one for Diego Costa, that's potentially thrown the CL Semi and La Liga wide open.

Guest Len B'stard

Well Len I can't honestly say I remember you coming on here and saying you were glad that the plane crashed in '58, that is pretty much one of the worst things you can say about United.

One of the instances of my getting suspended or i think a warning on here was due to 'Munich' comments. I tell ya what though, i learned a valuable lesson this weekend and you were kinda part of that, see I say those things as like...a wind up, a way to poke at the competition and like...remember how we were talking about how i was gonna write 'wall pushers' where the builders wrote Liverpool? Well I been watching games this weekend and then the Liverpool game today and it occurred to me that like...what a fuckin' wrong thing to say? I mean I knew that anyway but I kinda take it on the level of like...a Jimmy Saville joke or something, y'know, like saying the wrongest thing just to get a reaction but like...watching the silences this weekend and then the Kops tribute and it occurred to me what a dickhead thing it would've been for me to write what I was suggesting.

I might've made a few 'always look on the runway for ice' comments or something but I'd never say I was glad someone died or something...and i don't think Chris did either although his objections to the Pool appear to be more grounded in reality than a way to poke at the opposition.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Chris, do you actually have any proof over the whole brick into the bus thing?

A google search returns nothing regarding Manchester City.

Again, seems naive and idiotic to blame an entire group of fans over something a tiny proportion have done.

Hillsborough changed football and Liverpool FC forever and it is impossible to consign it to the history books and never remember what happened. It is a disgrace what happen to the 96 that died, a disgrace that the police covered up and created lies to cover their backs over their mishandling of the event.

But yeah okay, lets sit here and forget the 96 that died, forget that the police fucked up and tried to shift the blame onto many blameless fans and forget the cover up that occurred in wake of the tragedy.

• Like 2

Well Len I can't honestly say I remember you coming on here and saying you were glad that the plane crashed in '58, that is pretty much one of the worst things you can say about United.

One of the instances of my getting suspended or i think a warning on here was due to 'Munich' comments. I tell ya what though, i learned a valuable lesson this weekend and you were kinda part of that, see I say those things as like...a wind up, a way to poke at the competition and like...remember how we were talking about how i was gonna write 'wall pushers' where the builders wrote Liverpool? Well I been watching games this weekend and then the Liverpool game today and it occurred to me that like...what a fuckin' wrong thing to say? I mean I knew that anyway but I kinda take it on the level of like...a Jimmy Saville joke or something, y'know, like saying the wrongest thing just to get a reaction but like...watching the silences this weekend and then the Kops tribute and it occurred to me what a dickhead thing it would've been for me to write what I was suggesting.

I might've made a few 'always look on the runway for ice' comments or something but I'd never say I was glad someone died or something...and i don't think Chris did either although his objections to the Pool appear to be more grounded in reality than a way to poke at the opposition.

Exactly, it's not about those who died or their families.

It's about the attitude of the fans who act whiter than white, the club that uses it as an emotional tool of self promotion, and the media who buy into the "greatest fans" bullshit and ignore that the majority are a nasty bunch.

Course, the Liverpool fans didn't brick the Sunderland or Hull bus last season, and they'll say the same about City.

It's on a city forum that a city bus/coach did indeed get bricked by Liverpool fans and on twitter/facebook. Horrible fans, we behaved impeccably to honour the 96 that died and this is what their fans do? Why? They even won the game, hate to think what they would have done if they drew or lost. Bet you there won't be any mention of this on sky sports news or talkshite. Classless fans imo, starting to see what the rags are on about when they slate Liverpool fans.

Edited by Ryan95

It's on a city forum that a city bus/coach did indeed get bricked by Liverpool fans and on twitter/facebook. Horrible fans, we behaved impeccably to honour the 96 that died and this is what their fans do? Why? They even won the game, hate to think what they would have done if they drew or lost. Bet you there won't be any mention of this on sky sports news or talkshite. Classless fans imo, starting to see what the rags are on about when they slate Liverpool fans.

Fingers crossed we do you a favour...

Chris serious question here, obviously the league is out of Chelsea's hands as if Liverpool win all their remaining games they will be Champions and even if Chelsea beat Liverpool you have to rely on City slipping up. Do you think Mourinho will concentrate more on the Champions League now?

Still no idea who set off the fireworks mate so don't just say it was us although I see your point and admit all clubs have shitty fans. Booing and throwing bricks at a bus are in a different league though mate. Not the first time Liverpool have thrown bricks at an oppositions bus this year either, I seem to recall them doing it against Hull on new years day.

I'm just glad we don't have fans who are as extreme as the Ultras in Italy, every time an English club plays over there their fans get attacked.

And the scariest bit about that is that the Italians are nothing compared to the Argentinians.

Re: League vs CL, I think Jose doesn't need to decide in terms of resting players - Salah and Matic will be fresh for Liverpool as ineligible, and Ivanovic is suspended so also gets a rest.

Pick from Lampard, Luiz, Mikel, Ramires as the 2 midfielders for Athleti and then strongest XI vs Liverpool.

I'm just glad we don't have fans who are as extreme as the Ultras in Italy, every time an English club plays over there their fans get attacked.

And the scariest bit about that is that the Italians are nothing compared to the Argentinians.

Re: League vs CL, I think Jose doesn't need to decide in terms of resting players - Salah and Matic will be fresh for Liverpool as ineligible, and Ivanovic is suspended so also gets a rest.

Pick from Lampard, Luiz, Mikel, Ramires as the 2 midfielders for Athleti and then strongest XI vs Liverpool.

Turks and Russians are terrible too.

You happy with the CL draw or would you have preferred someone else?

Difficult to be happy with any team when you see the strength if the final 4.

I guess Real Madrid would have been nice with Ronaldo out, but Athleti without Costa (bruising and deep gash) isn't bad.

I fancy Chelsea to beat any team over 2 legs really, get a decent away performance and I would feel confident.

I think I'd prefer you to win the league over City or Liverpool...

Why? Liverpool play better football and City are generally more entertaining.

Geographically closer to me? :lol:

I don't know - Liverpool have always been our biggest rivals. City are just upstarts...