The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

How about you post the Arsenal one from before the Champions League final in 2006?

Shocking performance, not enough threat in the final third which is the story of the season. We missed Hazard and Oscar has been a passenger for a good 3-4 months now. I don't know if he is just burnt out from 3 years without a break or if he is saving himself for the World Cup.

Title was already unlikely but that has confirmed it. Liverpool will thrash Norwich by 3 goals or more tomorrow because Norwich always roll over against them.

Guest Len B'stard

How about you post the Arsenal one from before the Champions League final in 2006?

Thats it, have a go at Arsenal just cuz you got turned over by Sunderland :P

Chelsea games interesting.

You know alot more about euro football than I so Ill ask, you really think that was a foul in the box?? Imo, the ref blew that call. The defender never touched him, it was the opposite. More like a flop. I hate that...If he doesn't have a clean line of sight the ref shouldn't call it.

Anyways Sunderland has been rolling this week, Chelsea had nothing going for em today. We call it a trap game, meaning Chelsea was looking ahead to next week.

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah i was saying that in the post after the one you quoted, there was contact but if you watch his left leg he's actually slipping already.

Chelsea games interesting.

You know alot more about euro football than I so Ill ask, you really think that was a foul in the box?? Imo, the ref blew that call. The defender never touched him, it was the opposite. More like a flop. I hate that...If he doesn't have a clean line of sight the ref shouldn't call it.

Pen for me. Altidore is trying to put his foot down and can't plant it because of his leg.

Not a pen as Altidore is trying to plant his leg at an unusual angle - it's out sideways at about 50 degrees!

Either way, a Chelsea didn't do enough to win and I don't think they deserved to lose either.

I hope Ramires gets a big ban, it's probably 5 games because of his previous conduct (2 reds this year already)

I'm gonna go with the majority of pundits on that, penalty for me. Regardless, Ramires shouldn't have been on the pitch and Chelsea were piss poor anyway. They certainly didn't deserve to win the game, so I don't think the loss of an extra point will have any affect on the title race for them.

Nearly got one against Liverpool mind...

Not a pen as Altidore is trying to plant his leg at an unusual angle - it's out sideways at about 50 degrees!

BetterWaryConey.gif

Whole body position, Altidore, notoriously right-footed [read: terrible] is looking to plant his leg to take the ball to the right and bring it back around. He's prevented from doing that. Penalty.