The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Oh dear dear dear David Moyes, oh dear oh dear oh dear. So he leaves Everton and their fortunes change for the good and he takes over at the champions and they become mid-table :lol: Job well done Dave!

Chelsea games interesting.

You know alot more about euro football than I so Ill ask, you really think that was a foul in the box?? Imo, the ref blew that call. The defender never touched him, it was the opposite. More like a flop. I hate that...If he doesn't have a clean line of sight the ref shouldn't call it.

Pen for me. Altidore is trying to put his foot down and can't plant it because of his leg.

Looked to me like Altadore stepped on the defenders leg and that's what took him out. Altadore was initiating contact imo.

But whatever, thanks for answering.

Once again the argument comes down to the fact we can view a replay from several angles before coming to the decision. Referees get a couple of seconds before making a decision and based on his positioning and angle it looks like a clear penalty.

Once again the argument comes down to the fact we can view a replay from several angles before coming to the decision. Referees get a couple of seconds before making a decision and based on his positioning and angle it looks like a clear penalty.

Not really, we are now discussing the rules of the game (which are vague and poorly applied)

It all went wrong when they got rid of daylight between the attacker and defender for offside.

Well my thoughts on the penalty decision are this:

Azpilicueta tried to slide in and block a cross.

He did not make contact with Altidore.

Altidore trod on the defender's leg and slipped over causing him to go down.

It was not a foul and it was not a dive. A goalkick should have been awarded to Chelsea and play continued like normal.

You could do Azpilicueta on the "attempts to" clause if you fancy it. It's a no win situation for a referee there, and amongst my colleagues it's still not entirely clear cut - but in that moment, I believe it was the right decision.

Not really, we are now discussing the rules of the game (which are vague and poorly applied)

*Laws

• Like 1

The Chelsea defender committed to the challenge, and inadvertently brought the striker down with his right leg (ironically, it was the left leg he used to attempt the tackle).

The striker didn't play for the penalty, he was merely planting his left leg in order to turn.

Conclusion: clear penalty

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

Hope that Chelsea coach gets strongly disciplined by both the footballing authority, and his club. Very embarrassing behaviour on the touchline!

Well done to Luis Suarez on his classy performance holding his leg then recovering in an instant to join an attack.

Also well done to Luis Suarez for berating the referee for at least 40 seconds.

I guess that is what Brenda and Kenny Dogleash were talking about when they said that the title would be won in the classy Liverpool way.

Liverpool are currently among the most watchable outfits in world football. The scousers you so hate are going to win a league title in the same year the Hillsborough campaign begins to gain traction. They're on the verge of scoring 100 league goals - something which is very rarely done. They have the best conventional striker in the world.

Chelski pale in comparison. Through a lack of spirit - certainly in comparison to the ferocious passion of LFC - they've botched their hopes of league glory. They've just thrown away their manager's proud record, and can only hope to reach a token Champions League Final. Where even if they do get by Atlectico - will get absolutely smashed by either Bayern, or Mourinho's former club.

Clearly that makes you mad, but you should try harder to contain your bigoted sour grapes.

• Like 2

Well done to Luis Suarez on his classy performance holding his leg then recovering in an instant to join an attack.

Also well done to Luis Suarez for berating the referee for at least 40 seconds.

I guess that is what Brenda and Kenny Dogleash were talking about when they said that the title would be won in the classy Liverpool way.

You come across as a whiny little bitch.

• Like 1

No Miser or Redhead in this thread and I'm the only Chelsea fan therefore must be the threads abused member no matter what my opinion.

Totts, don't put words in my mouth - never said Chelsea deserve the title, actually said the opposite numerous times in the past few weeks, praising the desire and pace of the Liverpool players.

Ngog, a token Champions League final? Fucking hell, in this thread I've read numerous people say that winning the CL is more important that the Prem. You're a United fan so I guess you're downplaying the CL because you're not going to be in it for 18 months minimum.

Pappy, I guess you're fine with Suarez' antics today then? If so, your opinion is worthless. If you didn't like them, why attack me rather than agree?

I guess from the Heysel and Hillsborough comments you don't like the truth and pointing out the hypocrisy of Dogleash and Tranny Fucker Brendan was too much for you again.

Peace y'all, busy day ahead.

Pappy, I guess you're fine with Suarez' antics today then? If so, your opinion is worthless. If you didn't like them, why attack me rather than agree?

I guess from the Heysel and Hillsborough comments you don't like the truth and pointing out the hypocrisy of Dogleash and Tranny Fucker Brendan was too much for you again.

See, there you go again. Honestly, you just come across as a punk who isn't getting his own way. It's absolutely pathetic that you can't make comments about Liverpool, its players or its manager without resorting to silly little names. Dogleash and Brenda - is that the level of your intellect? Can't you come up with something better than that?

• Like 1