The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Ngog, a token Champions League final? Fucking hell, in this thread I've read numerous people say that winning the CL is more important that the Prem. You're a United fan so I guess you're downplaying the CL because you're not going to be in it for 18 months minimum.

My point is that they can only hope to get to the Final, and even that is far from guaranteed. As a club relying on Demba Ba to pull them out of holes, they have no realistic hope of challenging Bayern or Real.

I'm an Arsenal fan, actually. But given that I don't ruthlessly ridicule other clubs, who I support mightn't be obvious to you.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

Just caught the encore presentation of ESPN's 30 for 30: Hillsborough, about the 1989 FA Cup disaster. Such a tough episode to watch. One of the best in the series--up there with The Two Escobars episode for me.

It's apparently not allowed to air in the UK yet due to the continuing investigation. Couldn't find it on YouTube yet, but I did find it on this site after Googling it for anyone who's interested in watching it (I know nothing about this website other than the fact that it's the only place I could find the episode): http://m.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/172435/Hillsborough__30_for_30_Soccer_Stories__ESPN_Films/#DTV

FYI: The episode did contain a warning for disturbing content, mainly for the footage of the disaster taking place and some scenes of rescue attempts. Just a heads up.

• Like 1

When I see Rooney I see a little flag with 300k sticking out of his head. Hopefully he saving himself for the WC. Liverpool players will be shagged but Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, sterling, Sturridge could win WC for England. Keep dreaming!

Chris you really come across as a petulant child, amazing how this group of football fans can sit here and have a laugh and banter together and you're the only one who becomes downright abusive and offensive.

Lets also not forget that Drogba was hardly a saint, he was well known for his diving and play acting as well as being a good striker. If you want to demonise Suarez at least be consistent and include your own players in it.

• Like 1

Huge rumours going round that Moyes has been sacked. Waiting for official confirmation.

Is this an admission it was the wrong choice?

I wouldn't mind: Van Gaal, Simeone, Blanc, or Klopp...

Trust me, you wóúld mind van Gaal.

Probably, but it can't get much worse...

.... can it?

Moyes did that too haha. Without the records :P

That said, if Klopp sells us the best players rather than Bayern... surely win-win?

But Moyes was a record breaker, just the wrong sort.

Klopp signed a new contract last year so he would be hard to get.

Could always go for Martinez :lol:

"A genuine question: finish 6th and go into Europa League, or finish lower and have free midweeks like Liverpool have benefited hugely from?"

Win both, obviously... but it's a tough call isn't it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10777827/David-Moyes-possible-replacement-at-Manchester-United.html

Echoes my thoughts!