The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Moyes was lulled by Fergie into taking control of an expired squad - when he had a perfectly good thing going at Everton. I think Moyes was in awe of going to Old Trafford, instead of objectively looking at the awful hand he was being dealt.

In comparison, the next manager is going to have a very easy job on his hands. All the deadwood will be kicked out, and he will have a crazy warchest to revamp the squad. Will be easy to look like an improvement on Moyes!

I could actively cull the majority of the current squad. My current tentative keep list is as follows:

1 Spain GK David de Gea
2 Brazil DF Rafael
4 England DF Phil Jones
6 Northern Ireland DF Jonny Evans
8 Spain MF Juan Mata
10 England FW Wayne Rooney
11 Wales MF Ryan Giggs
12 England DF Chris Smalling
13 Denmark GK Anders Lindegaard
14 Mexico FW Javier Hernández
16 England MF Michael Carrick
19 England FW Danny Welbeck
20 Netherlands FW Robin van Persie
24 Scotland MF Darren Fletcher
26 Japan MF Shinji Kagawa
40 England GK Ben Amos
44 Belgium MF Adnan Januzaj

Giggs will probably retire though. I could stomach selling: RVP and Rooney too.

Smalling/Jones can have a tiny bit longer to prove themselves, but play them both at CB. Rafael is there until we can sign a better RB. Carrick can have another season as he's been poor this year by his own high standards.

Edited by The Sandman

So we'll probably be left with:

1 Spain GK David de Gea
4 England DF Phil Jones
6 Northern Ireland DF Jonny Evans
8 Spain MF Juan Mata
10 England FW Wayne Rooney
12 England DF Chris Smalling
16 England MF Michael Carrick
24 Scotland MF Darren Fletcher
44 Belgium MF Adnan Januzaj

Welbeck is planning on a move - though that will likely change if Moyes is sacked.

I would say Welbeck's decision to go public about a move will have an effect on the board.

Keane is a legend. The only reason Roy hasn't delivered as a manager is because the vast majority of modern footballers are pussies.

Edited by NGOG

Guest Len B'stard

Keanes a wanker, gets right on my fuckin' tits when everyone goes on about how he 'tamed Viera', bollocks, Pat Viera was 10 times the player Keane was.

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, course I am, lets be clear about this, every time i talk about football i labour under a MASSIVE bias to Arsenal, of course...don't mean that I can't see things clearly, I will say so when an Arsenal players shit or whatever, Keanos just a little midget that jumps around and makes a lot of noise but he ain't shit really.

And he is fucking mental.

Funny thing is, if you take away the drama and psychotic moments there might lurk a decent manager, player power ( the very kind Keane used as a player ) will prevent that.

I wouldn't say he's 'mental' - he's just a warrior by nature. He doesn't suffer fools gladly - a bit like Martin Keown.

Keanos just a little midget that jumps around and makes a lot of noise but he ain't shit really.

Sorry Len, but it's very easy to say that on the internet. If you met Roy Keane in real life, I would be very surprised if you were quick to call him a midget, mouthpiece.