The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Keanos just a little midget that jumps around and makes a lot of noise but he ain't shit really.

Sorry Len, but it's very easy to say that on the internet. If you met Roy Keane in real life, I would be very surprised if you were quick to call him a midget, mouthpiece.

:lol:

Seriously, on what planet do you think anyone is intimidated by Roy Keane? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Len there is a reason United's central midfield has been shite since he left.

Keanes only quality is that he could bully a performance out of fannies like Beckham, Butt, the Neville sisters and them.

Keanos just a little midget that jumps around and makes a lot of noise but he ain't shit really.

Sorry Len, but it's very easy to say that on the internet. If you met Roy Keane in real life, I would be very surprised if you were quick to call him a midget, mouthpiece.

Seriously, on what planet do you think anyone is intimidated by Roy Keane? :lol:

I would say that 9/10 men who meet Roy are on edge. Very few people would seriously question his fiery presence.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Nah, fuck him, every time he opens his mouth about Arsenal he's got something funny to say, the guy wouldn't've been shit at any other team in the world, he just fit United well.

Keane was a great midfield general - however, Souness had all that Keane had, plus sublime skills on the ball.

If the news about Moyes is true I'll actually be a little sad. Not because of joke reasons, but rather because I think that he's a decent bloke who has just succumbed to the pressure and whose players haven't exactly pulled up trees to help their manager.

Len there is a reason United's central midfield has been shite since he left.

Keanes only quality is that he could bully a performance out of fannies like Beckham, Butt, the Neville sisters and them.

Are you seriously claiming that Keane's only role was forcing others to up their game?

He:

- rarely, if ever, misplaced a pass in a Utd jersey

- he could put the ball anywhere you wanted, including the net

- is the best midfield tackler the PL has seen in a long time

- knocked players off the ball with his upper and lower body strength

- made the opposition convinced they were going to war

- single-handedly beat Juventus in a CL semi-final

- took Ireland, who were largely a team of drinkers and England rejects, to the 2002 World Cup

Nah, fuck him, every time he opens his mouth about Arsenal he's got something funny to say, the guy wouldn't've been shit at any other team in the world, he just fit United well.

I take it you haven't watched his documentary with Patrick Viera?

Keane, in his heyday, would have walked on to any team in the world. Daglish was desperate to get him at Blackburn.

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

The doc is pretty revealing, The impression you get from it is Viera was a touch subdued and almost scared and Keane knew it.

Oh bollocks, when, how?!?! :lol: If anything Viera knew how to get under his skin and made a point of doing it.

Calling that bull - in his prime he would've walked into any team in the world, as the others have said.

You may not have wanted him, and you may not want to admit it - but he was world class.

Guest Len B'stard

Well it's not like they are gonna kick off on the documentary, Viera just seemed mildly amused most of the time. As for the tunnel incident, look, Viera goes back there and he's givin' Nicky Butt and them a bit of grief and Keane comes steaming on from the back gobbing off and Vieras just smirking. Other than that name me one time Keane ever sorted out or looked like he might sort Pat Viera out?

article-2056891-038526F80000044D-824_468

Well it's not like they are gonna kick off on the documentary, Viera just seemed mildly amused most of the time. As for the tunnel incident, look, Viera goes back there and he's givin' Nicky Butt and them a bit of grief and Keane comes steaming on from the back gobbing off and Vieras just smirking. Other than that name me one time Keane ever sorted out or looked like he might sort Pat Viera out?

article-2056891-038526F80000044D-824_468

Pretty much any game from that era that United won was due to Keane nullifying Viera and any that Arsenal won was the opposite with Viera taking Keane out of the game.

All arguments aside, Viera and Keane in the same team???

Now that would have been fun, while we are at it chuck fat arse Ruddock in and Julian Dicks for giggles

Ruddock and Dicks - two of Liverpool's greatest ever players.

When I look at Ruddock's Spurs days I get very confused as I am so used to seeing him with that huge gut which he hadn't grown at the time :lol:

Hello all, been a while.

Anyway, see the rumours are swirling around Moyes supposed imminent departure. Work's conspired to have me miss most of this season but from what I have seen this year the man seems fundamentally out of his depth.

Might be wrong on this one but if Liverpool win the league Kolo Toure will be the first player to have won the Premier League for three different clubs.

Sounds about right. Last time I checked, there were only six players that had PL medals with two different clubs.