The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Well it's not like they are gonna kick off on the documentary, Viera just seemed mildly amused most of the time. As for the tunnel incident, look, Viera goes back there and he's givin' Nicky Butt and them a bit of grief and Keane comes steaming on from the back gobbing off and Vieras just smirking. Other than that name me one time Keane ever sorted out or looked like he might sort Pat Viera out?

article-2056891-038526F80000044D-824_468

Are you guys talking about the Hillsboro doc??

I recorded it but haven't watched. Probably going to tommorow. I heard it was banned in England.

Cuz mans a pussyhole innit? :lol:

I mean the title's long gone and they're not in the Champions League next season so what's the point in making changes now unless they just want to give a new guy a couple of games to experiment? I think I just answered my own question didn't I? :lol:

I mean the title's long gone and they're not in the Champions League next season so what's the point in making changes now unless they just want to give a new guy a couple of games to experiment? I think I just answered my own question didn't I? :lol:

Didn't think you were a footy head. Is this the second time you've posted in this thread? (First time being 2 posts previous?) :P

Didn't think you were a footy head. Is this the second time you've posted in this thread? (First time being 2 posts previous?) :P
Oh I couldn't give a tuppeny fuck about football. :lol: The only time I take any interest is when I've got a bet on it or if England get to the semis of some tournament or other. Apart from that I wouldn't give a fuck if I never watched another game. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah course not, thats why you can name players from the Middlesborough squad from back when i was 10 years old :lol:

And cuz hes emblematic of a huge failure he has no confidence from the squad and whats the point risking a transfer budget with a dozy bastard like him?

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah course not, thats why you can name players from the Middlesborough squad from back when i was 10 years old :lol:

Couldn't tell you a single name in the current squad or even the manager's name now though. :lol:

I'm sad in some ways that it never worked out for him.

At the end of the day Fergie knew what he was doing getting out when he did.

Agreed. I just think then why appoint Moyes if you aren't preparing for a period of transition? Surely say Mourinho would've at least dragged us further.

Oh I couldn't give a tuppeny fuck about football. :lol: The only time I take any interest is when I've got a bet on it or if England get to the semis of some tournament or other. Apart from that I wouldn't give a fuck if I never watched another game. :lol:

Thought you claimed to support Man City? Or was that to get on Len's tits?

I prefer to see City do well over United and all that and I do read the back pages but I don't watch the games at all unless it's on when I'm in the pub but even then I'm not really paying attention. The only team I've ever really supported was Middlesbrough but since I moved out of the area about five years ago it's not like I could go to games anymore and they're too shit to get any regular TV coverage so my interest just disappeared. Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Basically he's a boro boy whoose team tanked so then he couldnt be bothered no more, he aint a cartoon blue though, i wouldnt rate him like i do if he was off that sort of nobhead character. Theres a sad empty seat at the riverside stadium these days basically :lol: Wonder what Juninhos up to these days, always rated him.

Basically he's a boro boy whoose team tanked so then he couldnt be bothered no more, he aint a cartoon blue though, i wouldnt rate him like i do if he was off that sort of nobhead character. Theres a sad empty seat at the riverside stadium these days basically :lol: Wonder what Juninhos up to these days, always rated him.

Pretty much this yeah. :lol: Nah, basically I lost interest when the money in the game just became so ridiculous that regular teams just couldnt compete any more. I mean it wasnt anything to do with relegation or anything cuz some of my favourite seasons were like 97 until the mid 2000s when we were up and down all the time. Its just that players like Juninho, Ravanelli etc were Premiership quality and we got em for I think £4 million and £7 million which is a fuckin lot of money but you couldnt get a second string championship player for that kinda cash these days. I remember reading that Ravanelli was getting paid £32,000 a week at the time and thinking it mustve been a misprint cuz it was so ridiculous. Nowadays youve got a fuckin lump like Rooney on ten times that and its just fuckin sickening! Thing is that the Boro were always a good team to watch during the Robson and McLaren days then Southgate took over and that was about it. Like I said as well though, if youre not a fan of the big premiership sides and you dont live in the area then you cant see your team play even if you want to. At least back up north youd be able to find a pub with one of those dodgy foreign satellite boxes showing the games but in Hull or Manchester where am I gonna find a bongo bongo broadcast of the Boro game eh? :lol: