The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Jose is already talking about resting players for the game against Liverpool this weekend.

Crafty move if he goes for it. Mourinho is always thinking of how to make his efforts look good. He predicted weeks ago that Liverpool would win the league, but not in a positive way. He basically said they would win the league because they're not competing for the CL (or a European trophy in general).

So while Mourinho was definitely targeting the PL, he can now say otherwise. That it would be impossible to win the PL, when you are competing in Europe.

Probably still win and put another interesting twist in the race.

Hope Liverpool put 4 or 5 past Chelsea, with Robbie Fowler making a cameo and scoring the 6th, so Chris will be gutted.

Probably still win and put another interesting twist in the race.

Hope Liverpool put 4 or 5 past Chelsea, with Robbie Fowler making a cameo and scoring the 6th, so Chris will be gutted.

Schwarzer or Hilario? :lol: Either way - it'll end badly.

Guest Len B'stard

I hope Chelsea win the champions league cuz, y'know, home team and that. As for the league I'm kind of torn. Liverpool maybe? For a bit of a change and that well equipped (inB4 Pappy) underdog thing...or City maybe for that suprise last minute surge factor, makes for an exciting run of EPL games and that, y'know? Arsenal are a mathematical impossibility now, aren't they? I mean even if every team above lost all their remaining games and Arsenal won theirs, we'd still be short, wouldn't we?

I'd like to see Chelsea do Liverpool though, to make the race a bit interesting.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I can't see Liverpool blowing it at the last hour. They practically have one foot over the line already.

Do they? I mean City, if they win their game in hand, will be be three points behind Liverpool. They could lose out of three games, its far from a done deal.

Big Celtic fan, and Liverpool are our boys. Hope Liverpool win every remaining game, and get past the 100 goal point.

Then hopefully they can use their status as champions to secure justice for the 96.

Guest Len B'stard

Len has spent the entire season loving Liverpool and the moment they might actually win a title he gets cold feet and would prefer City :lol:

Where did i say I'd prefer City you massive Spud fanny? :lol: I was pondering Liverpool first! :lol:

You said "Liverpool maybe? For a change", a far cry from the rest of the season where you were talking about how awesome Anfield, the Kop and them singing YNWA is and how it almost brings tears to your eyes. (I might be exaggerating on that final point :lol:)

Plus it will be nice to see Liverpool back on their fucking perch as Fergie calls it at the expense of United.

Everyone knows roasted potatoes are the best :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah but none of em matter to me really if it ain't Arsenal, it's just flights of fancy...Liverpool were a more attractive prospect then cuz they were underdogs and it'd be an amazing surge...but now it's happened and people are calling it a done deal it'd be nice to see things go all the way down to the wire, for excitements sake.

I love football and i wanna see the best and most exciting games and thats my impetus when Arsenal winning is not an option, to see the league unfold in the most exciting way possible...and thats always my thing.

Also, if you read far back enough on this forum you'll see me praising the way City won the league with that last minute thing with Aguero, I just like when the exciting things happen.

Simply put i despise two teams only primarily, and they are Man Utd and Tottenham, who i will never like and never praise and never want to win. All the rest I have very little feelings about and my like or dislike for them is relative to their position in relation to Arsenal.

My praises for Liverpool amounted to saying they had a lot of memories for me from my youth, from their being the dominant team around the time my eyes opened to football...and that YNWA sounds fuckin' fantastic when the Kop sing it...I was saying the same thing about Athleticos support last night to a mate (although admittedly they don't get the blood flowing like YNWA) don't mean to say I'm suddenly a supporter :lol:

You just criticise anything I say, you were having a go when i was giving Liverpool respect back then saying 'i love how everyone loves em now' when I'd been saying good things about em for ages before this upsurge in talent, every time i say something nice about a team you interpret it as some sort of commitment on my part, like a blood oath or something :lol: Then when I'm horrible about every other team but my own you have a go at that :lol:

Fuckin' spuds, inconsistent to the last :lol:

Everyone knows roasted potatoes are the best :lol:

Yeah...and then they get eaten :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

You just criticise anything I say, you were having a go when i was giving Liverpool respect back then saying 'i love how everyone loves em now' when I'd been saying good things about em for ages before this upsurge in talent, every time i say something nice about a team you interpret it as some sort of commitment on my part, like a blood oath or something :lol: Then when I'm horrible about every other team but my own you have a go at that :lol:

I never fucking said that. What I actually said was that you made it seem like you wished you supported them :lol:

I just like trying to rile you up really, you do the same to me. Fuck if you read some of my posts I actually praise Arsenal a fair bit, probably more than I should.

Not like I go back and call out every single post you made on here and disagree with you, even I'm not that much of a petty time waster :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I never fucking said that. What I actually said was that you made it seem like you wished you supported them :lol:

I just like trying to rile you up really, you do the same to me. Fuck if you read some of my posts I actually praise Arsenal a fair bit, probably more than I should.

Not like I go back and call out every single post you made on here and disagree with you, even I'm not that much of a petty time waster :lol:

I wouldn't have it any other way dearest, it's cool :lol: We agree tons actually, it's just more entertaining when we don't :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen