The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Watch how Chelsea set up in the second half now, Liverpool are going to need to work really hard.

Gerrard needs to redeem himself with a screamer from 40 yards.

Guest Len B'stard

See what i meant tho Totts? If Chelsea see this through and win how exciting are the last couple of games gonna be :)

See what i meant tho Totts? If Chelsea see this through and win how exciting are the last couple of games gonna be :)

Oh indeed, I prefer it going to the final game rather than being wrapped up with 5 left to play. The fact there are still three teams in the hunt with two games to go is brilliant.

Ball is now in City's court. Win all their games and they are Champions.

What was it Gerrard said after the City game, no more slip-ups eh? :lol:

I could handle a LFC title but the smugness would be incredible.

It would be a fitting end to the season, in my opinion. Chelski and Abu City are a joke.

Hoping Tony's Palace shock City, or at least draw.

It wouldn't be that shocking.

Palace beating City would be somewhat of a shock. The City players will be aware that Liverpool lost, so the game couldn't be more huge.

Rodgers was bold and wanted the win. Can't blame him, but with the benefit of hindsight, he probably wishes he focused entirely on not conceding.

Wasn't it "this does not fucking stop now?" from Gerrard after City? Maybe my poor memory, or maybe it's jokers twisting things a little too far for their vines. Not directed at anything in here, I've just seen a load of misquotes on Facebook already. Maybe I'm being bitter. I've also heard a lot already about Liverpool celebrating the City game like twats, and Gerrard being a cunt for crying? Standard "giving-football-fans-a-bad-name" carry-on, but again, maybe I'm being bitter. I assumed him crying might have something to do with the fact it was a huge win (and in my opinion the first time they were favourites for the title) and the occasion of the Hillsborough anniversary. There's some amount of irony in Chelsea fans making fun of how Liverpool were celebrating by plastering all over Facebook about beating them, when they're still least likely to take the league.

Blows the whole thing wide open for the final couple games though, which is brilliant from a neutral point of view. I still think Liverpool'll win the league if they win their final two games, but City winning it again on goal difference would be something! We were thoroughly Mourinhoed today. At least Torres didn't have the 'nandos to go for goal himself :lol:

City are already 1-0 up against Palace and have Everton, Villa and West Ham as their final three games.

Hard to see them slipping up anywhere as none of the sides have anything to play for really as Everton has screwed the pooch for fourth.

Edited by Tater Totts

City are already 1-0 up against Palace and have Villa and West Ham as their final two games. Hard to see them slipping up anywhere.

True, but ten days ago Sunderland looked dead and buried, now they're out of the bottom-three. Mourinho'll be even more pissed about that now than last week, they could be top. Anything can happen, but I agree it certainly looks unlikely. Everton looked like their only hurdle and they're pittering out.