The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

City are already 1-0 up against Palace and have Everton, Villa and West Ham as their final three games.

Hard to see them slipping up anywhere as none of the sides have anything to play for really as Everton has screwed the pooch for fourth.

Everton at Goodison will be a big test for City. Though Martinez may consider the rivalry implications of Liverpool winning the league.

City are already 1-0 up against Palace and have Everton, Villa and West Ham as their final three games.

Hard to see them slipping up anywhere as none of the sides have anything to play for really as Everton has screwed the pooch for fourth.

Everton at Goodison will be a big test for City. Though Martinez may consider the rivalry implications of Liverpool winning the league.

Should never be in the mind of any manager or fan, especially when they've still an outside chance of finishing 4th. It always amazes me that some fans would throw a game to stop a rival team potentially getting a benefit from it. Play to win at all times in all sports. It's pathetic otherwise.

Should never be in the mind of any manager or fan, especially when they've still an outside chance of finishing 4th. It always amazes me that some fans would throw a game to stop a rival team potentially getting a benefit from it. Play to win at all times in all sports. It's pathetic otherwise.

Martinez is a stand-up guy, so I know that Everton will play to win. But if it was a lesser man, you can guarantee they'd consider the idea of Liverpool winning the league.

Guest Len B'stard

Im not watching it, out atm but fuckin hell, according to the stats villa have hardly had a touch of the ball and theyre up 2-1

Im not watching it, out atm but fuckin hell, according to the stats villa have hardly had a touch of the ball and theyre up 2-1

Even when Barca do lose, they generally have 70% of the possession. Passing the ball back and forth isn't always that exciting if you don't do much with it i.e Bayern on Wed.

Guest Len B'stard

Even when Barca do lose, they generally have 70% of the possession. Passing the ball back and forth isn't always that exciting if you don't do much with it i.e Bayern on Wed.

Nah but i mean it weren't saying that it was benign possession, attacking possession as well. Got the job done either way though eh, 2 fuckin' own goals, how'd that happen?

Nah but i mean it weren't saying that it was benign possession, attacking possession as well. Got the job done either way though eh, 2 fuckin' own goals, how'd that happen?
Huge Barca pressure around the box, one was an attempted block which ricocheted into the goal and the other was a terrible defensive header.