The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

I reckon City will slip up at some point...whether or not anyone will capitalise is anyones guess.

Nervous as fuck about our game this saturday against Everton. Never seem to get anything away to Everton. Our last two games against Aston Villa and West Ham (both at the Etihad) do not concern me as both have nothing to play for and we have a great record at home. Think if we beat Everton on saturday I will be very confident we can wrap the title up from there. Knowing city though like I do they will do it the hardest and most emotionally draining way they possibly can, just look at the title winning game 2 years ago.

Guest Len B'stard

Your boys proper had their tails up in the last game though, when they got the Chelsea result you could fuckin' see em in the tunnel, fired up, especially Kompany, they're looking to fuckin' have it, whatever else happens i think they'll do you proud in terms of really giving it a go, you could see it in their eyes like 'right, we're in business!'.

Edited by sugaraylen

Your boys proper had their tails up in the last game though, when they got the Chelsea result you could fuckin' see em in the tunnel, fired up, especially Kompany, they're looking to fuckin' have it, whatever else happens i think they'll do you proud in terms of really giving it a go, you could see it in their eyes like 'right, we're in business!'.

I thought that as soon as the 3rd minute when Dzeko scored, I was thinking they are not going to let it slip now. Time for the best paid team on the planet to show they have got what it takes. The premier league, capital one cup and knockout stages of the champions league in his first season, I'd take that. But I digress as I'm getting way ahead of myself and still 3 very important games left to play. Just hope the lads don't stop with the intensity we had last game.

Guest Len B'stard

To look at it...for some reason, i could see Liverpool slipping, i could see your lot slipping...but it's usually these money shots that Chelsea don't fuckin' miss, they're fuckin' jammy like that. Or tactically sound like that, depending on how you look at it.

Guest Len B'stard

Thats what i meant about money shots, when it matters they show up. It weren't a reference to facials or nothing, in case you're confused :lol:

If City win two and draw one and Chelsea and Liverpool get max points then what happens? At worst i think City'll draw against Everton, on a bad day...but nah, they'll be proper looking for it against Everton, can't see em slipping up, although Ryan is right about them being something of a sticky wicket for City.

Edited by sugaraylen

Glad to see Pep's putrid style of football being demolished. We're moving towards the post tiki-taka era of the game, thank god!

Yep Real Madrid are doing to Bayern what Bayern did to Barca.

Pep needs to recognize that the monopoly tiki-taka had over world football is drawing to an abrupt halt. The game is moving back towards fluency.

Chelsea are ruining football, we want to see passing and triangles, flicks and tiki-taka.

Barcelona and Bayern play all that stuff and now are considered boring.

That fad didn't last long did it. Strangely glad that Liverpool have shown that pace and speed can be equally effective. (Except against Chelsea)

Interesting stat - Chelsea had more shots (+ on target) at Anfield than Liverpool did at Stamford Bridge. Fucking bus parking Scousers.

• Like 2

Glad to see Pep's putrid style of football being demolished. We're moving towards the post tiki-taka era of the game, thank god!

Oh, come on NGOG, I always liked you. Why did you have to say this?

I hope a couple of teams keep on playing a wonderful football instead of running around like headless chickens. Tiki taka is not finished, thank God.