The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Glad to see Pep's putrid style of football being demolished. We're moving towards the post tiki-taka era of the game, thank god!

Oh, come on NGOG, I always liked you. Why did you have to say this?

I hope a couple of teams keep on playing a wonderful football instead of running around like headless chickens. Tiki taka is not finished, thank God.

Just my opinion, man. As a fan, I prefer watching an unregimented style of play.

Glad to see Pep's putrid style of football being demolished. We're moving towards the post tiki-taka era of the game, thank god!

Oh, come on NGOG, I always liked you. Why did you have to say this?

I hope a couple of teams keep on playing a wonderful football instead of running around like headless chickens. Tiki taka is not finished, thank God.

Tiki taka seems to be headless chickens as well, so many times Barca and Bayern just pass the ball around looking for that perfect pass or goal rather than taking a shot or attacking with fluency and pace.

@Totts I still disagree. They still play beautiful. I blame it on the rival team playing all defensive because they know theya re not at the same level. :D

Well, after what happened tonight I just can say... GO ATLETICO!

Real Madrid played attractive attacking football and Bayern never once looked like scoring tonight. Didn't play defensive at all :awesomeface:

At the end of the day football is about winning, not about possession or looking good. It made me laugh last year when Xavi claimed that the 7-0 scoreline was unfair as Barca had more passes and more possession.

All that matters is that when the final whistle is blown you have scored more than the other team.

Edited by Tater Totts

At the end of the day football is about winning, not about possession or looking good. It made me laugh last year when Xavi claimed that the 7-0 scoreline was unfair as Barca had more passes and more possession.

Of course it's about winning but, for several years, this style was the style of the winner. It's not as Barcelona had possession and passes but zero titles. They won almost everything. But the 7-0 was very fair and I enjoyed it.

Glad Madrid won, it's a victory against boring football.

Messi might be the greatest of our generation, but I can't stand watching Barca matches unless it's against Madrid. Madrid whatever you think of them, regardless of the manager. At least over the past 12 + years have never been dull to watch.

Obviously the Barca comment applies to Pep's Munich as well.

Guest Len B'stard

Real Madrid plays tiki taka on my book. Clumsy tiki taka. It's not as if they were English, you know. :P

Then your book needs to have each published copy of it rounded up and made a bonfire out of, that weren't tiki taka that was muscle football, like the kind Bayern used to play...with a dash a Mourinho for good measure.

Guest Len B'stard

Come on boys, lets have some predictions, Chelsea or Athletico? My gut says athletico, for some silly reason.

Guest Len B'stard

I don't think they can keep that kinda attack out over two legs so Athletico are gonna score...and it'll be an away goal, which'll require at least two from Chelsea and they weren't exactly very penetrative in the last game so...i dunno, is two too tall an order? Certainly wasn't against Liverpool. Fascinating match up really :) I sound like Adrian Chiles :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen