The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Heart says Athletic, you fuckin' turncoat :lol: My heart wants Chelsea...don't see it happening but fuckin' hell, home side and that. Unless Chelsea occupy a position in your affections similar to the one United and that Spurs hold in mine :lol: Or you have a particular affection for Athletic.

Edited by sugaraylen

Remember a certain final a few years ago that Chelsea won after finishing 6th in the league and as a result the team that finished 4th missed out on CL football, after giving up a 10 point lead to 4th place, had to sell one of their best players to Madrid and sacked their most successful manager in recent history?

Oh yeah, Chelsea fans along with West Ham fans tend to make holocaust and hissing gas remarks to our fans whenever we play...

s4w76d.jpg

heynckes : "do you see that thing over there ? it's a goal. you have to put the ball inside."

pep : "but what about the possession!!??"

Guardiola titles:

- Barcelona:

La Liga: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11

Copa del Rey: 2008–09, 2011–12

Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010, 2011

UEFA Champions League: 2008–09, 2010–11

UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011

FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011

- Bayern:

Bundesliga: 2013–14

UEFA Super Cup: 2013

FIFA Club World Cup: 2013

Yeah...yeah.

Atleti and Chelsea are playing for silver today,

How so? Atletico is doing a great season, being ahead Barcelona and Madrid on La Liga.

I say Atletico will beat Chealsea. And the final, as every final, will be 50/50. But I sincerely would love Atleti getting the double crown.

Edited by Thin White Duke

Guest Len B'stard

It's a Madrid derby in Lisbon, can't see anything else.

Oh come on man, it ain't as cut and dry as all that, watch your boys pull a cheeky one, I'd love to see it myself :)

A Madrid final was definitely the most interesting out of the other options from the Semi's. By that I mean in terms of goals being scored.

I think Real will win it though. Athletic done well, but Madrid can come out guns blazing at the start in it. People will think I'm crazy, but Real winning 5-1 isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Yay, I can see this final being a repeat of the Milan derby final.

There's never been one.

I was mistaken for the Juventus vs Milan final of 02 or 03.

In fact there's never been a final between two teams from the same city.

Well a final between two Italian sides was always going to end in a draw.

Without Juve's best player Neved. That said Milan/Juve had some great players back then. They were awesome on the Playstation :P.

02/03 was the year of the classic Madrid/United QF.

Edited by AtariLegend