The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Bit early to write of Arsenal after one game, still think they are the favourites for fourth especially if they strengthen and we lose Bale.

You've actually made me feel great with that Spudsy, thank you :lol:

Mertersacker looked finished on saturday. leggy. maybe they just had too easy summer. Chelsea, Utd, City came out flying. maybe it's just a three team league.

AVB has been tightening them up. Vetoghen looks solid.

I've seen al ot of arsenal games, I like to watch them play. But they were terrible, worsest ive seen them play ever. there was just nothing there. they were a bit unlucky with that peno. it wasnt and then Koseily gets sent off. i hate refs. its like the guy who organizes the 5 aside who cant play becomes a ref.

Edited by wasted

Guest Len B'stard

My mate Wenger tripped at some press conference 'i don't have to explain myself to anybody!'. Did he just have like, a polite frenchmans version of a Mike Tyson moment? :lol:

FUCK YOU, YOU HO! ANYBODY IN HERE CAN'T FUCK WITH THIS, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE! 16 YEARS I'VE BEEN SERVIN' THESE PUNK BITCHES, THE FUCK YOU THINK THIS IS?!?!

Or an Axl Rose moment..

YOU'RE ALL LITTLE PEOPLE ON A POWER TRIP, FUCK YOU, JUST TAKE ME TO JAIL!

:lol:

Thats the spirit Arsene, you tell em!

The fact that Arsenal scouted Zaha for 6+ months before United even contacted Crystal Palace makes me laugh, then when Arsenal finally made a move they had Steve Bould phone up Palace as he has a mate there. In the meanwhile Fergie had personally phoned Palace and had a meeting with Zaha despite not being interested in him for as long :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Arsenal scouted fuckin everyone, Hazard, Mata, most of the fuckin decent new signings in the PM last 3 years plus...shame we never bought none of the cunts..

Other teams needn't bother havin' scouts no more, just read the daily mirror, see who arsenal are after, might as well, we wont fuckin move on em..

Edited by sugaraylen

And seems like Madrid may have struck that deal for Bale too...

Heard that the Willian deal will happen regardless of whether Bale stays or goes, however the Lamela deal hinges on Bale's future. If we sign Lamela he is gone, if he doesn't sign Bale stays. Most of the rumblings have said we want all of our business done before announcing that he is leaving so we just have to see what happens now.

And seems like Madrid may have struck that deal for Bale too...

Heard that the Willian deal will happen regardless of whether Bale stays or goes, however the Lamela deal hinges on Bale's future. If we sign Lamela he is gone, if he doesn't sign Bale stays. Most of the rumblings have said we want all of our business done before announcing that he is leaving so we just have to see what happens now.

Aye - £93m in cash and Contraeo would be superb.

It's a decision that could prove detrimental to Bale's career. Consider how many British assets have went to Madrid and failed to perform at the level they'd achieved with previous clubs; Beckham and Owen.

Guest Len B'stard

Beckham did alright with Real...sort of. Hate the fuckin' cunt anyway, he lost us the world cup, that image of him kicking Simeone is fuckin' seared into my conciousness. Fuckin' twat.

Guest Len B'stard

Len please there is no way he "lost us the world cup", assuming we had won we would have had to play Holland, Brazil and France and there is no way we would have beaten any of those teams.

As i remember that game he was feeding the ball in to Owen and we were getting chances, once he saw Red that was it, it was a pathetic petulant thing to do and he proved himself as not worthy of the responsibility he was given.

As far as would we have won anyway, well at least we'd've been in with a shot, 11 men vs 11 men end of the day, i'm a supporter, that means i sit watching their games with the hope that they're gonna win, this whole 'ahhhh, we wouldnt've won it anyway' thing is whats wrong with some football supporters, fuck me, you needn't bother watching if you all know the results already, im always fiercely optimistic for England, you've got to be or else whats the point in being a supporter at all?