The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Yeah, I don't object to him rotting either - but his attitude has been poor.

Just needs to come out, decisively, and say if he wants to stay or go.

Yeah, rather than brief the press via his agent who I think has a lot to do with this.

Doing a similar thing to Bale, obvious he wants to leave but can't say anything in case the transfer falls through. If he says he wants to go and then nothing happens the fans will be annoyed and get on his back making it difficult for him to remain at the club, if he stays quiet he avoids this but runs the risk of not being able to leave as he wont force through the transfer.

In other news looks like Bale to Madrid might FINALLY be completed this weekend.

Seeing that Madrid have made two offers in terms of up-front money vs. structured payments - I wonder if this may play into Arsenal's (even United's) hands... Madrid may be told where to get off by Levy if they can't pay it up-front. In turn, they may need to sell Benzema, Di Maria, Ozil etc. to fund it...

I love how everybody is still saying Mata will be sold, despite the fact only the media have said it (with no source or quotes) and Mourinho has been saying all summer that no club will sell their player of the season (except spurs) and in the press conference yesterday he said Mata is a crucial player, well liked, going nowhere and it is all speculation.