The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Fulham have to be one of the most disappointing teams in the PL.

After we brush off Fernabache, you're next

Well done Len you have stated a fact, we are indeed playing each other after you play Fenerbache

You're next as in you're next for a shaggin' :lol: Having said that it's 3-1 now, hardly a shagging but i'll take it!

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Problem with me is scrape by a coupla good results and i start acting like we're the 1970 Brazillian World Cup team :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

That is what Lamela is for, you just stay away from him :lol:

To be honest even last season we lacked a creative midfielder who could break down the final third, Bale's form in the second half of the season just papered over the cracks that we hadn't replaced Modric or VDV.

Watching both games though, we had had lots of chances and come up against one side in Palace who were very well organised defensively and did not let us have much time on the ball and despite that Dembele hit the crossbar, Siggy had a great shot stopped, Chadli should have scored a header and Defoe missed a good chance at the end of the game.

In Swansea we came up against Vorm who was in good form and yet we still made good chances and hit the woodwork again.

Let's not forget that we scored 5 in open play in the Europa League midweek.

I would be far more concerned if we were not creating any chances but we are, we just need to be a little more clinical and to get in another player to help us crack the final third.

I would hope we didn't. The last example of that was probably Shaun Wright-Phillips, and he was a one season player who fizzled out. Arsene is probably glad he didn't spend £20m on him!

Fee was apparently 25.5m, sure Spurs would have been the same fee or less.

The offers were more or less the same but you offered higher bonus payments for appearances and goals which caused the Anzhi owner who is a personal friend of Roman to change his mind and reject our bid.

Oh well such is life, just got to move on. Not the first target anyone has missed out on and not the last.

I liked the Liverpool and Spurs fans' mentality and tweets saying "I'm sure we have somebody even better lined up, Willian is a waste of money"

Why would you go for a target that isn't the best player possible?

Edited by Chris1989

Twitter is such a cesspool. Liverpool fans were loving Willian until he had a medical for us and then he was shit. Then when rumours came out he was considering the offer they said he was great again and finally when the Chelsea offer came in both Liverpool and Spurs fans were going mental. Seems like football fans on twitter have a bad case of bipolarism when related to transfers :lol:

I never said you wouldn't go for the best target, I just said that teams always miss out on transfers and got to move on.

For the record I would prefer Lamela to Willian, he is the kind of player we need and is younger and arguably has a brighter future. Coupled with him scoring 15 goals in Serie A last year I am excited about he regardless of what club he ends up at. Seems like a very exciting player.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur