The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

There's a thing knocking about on the internet today that shows (i'm not sure how, i didn't read it all) that Theo Walcott is, stastically speaking, better than Bale.

Guest Len B'stard

Which begs the question how much is Theo worth?

In other, funny news i read this article saying that Messi is apparently not the sweetheart that he was first touted as, with quotes ranging from (to Alexis Sanchez) 'i have no idea why you cost what you did because you are terrible!' and (to Tello) stop taking shots on goal and just pass the ball to me, you are paid to serve me', the latter apparently left Tello in tears :lol:

Walcott:

2010/2011: 38 games, 13 goals, 9 assists.

2011/2012: 46 games, 11 goals, 9 assists.

2012/2013: 43 games, 21 goals, 14 assists.

Bale:

2010/2011: 41 games, 11 goals, 3 assists.

2011/2012: 42 games, 12 goals, 16 assists.

2012/2013: 44 games, 26 goals, 11 assists.

But Bale isn't worth £85m due to his stats, it is due to his commercial value to Real Madrid and that is all they care about, a reasonable price for both him and Theo would be £30-40m.

Yeah I heard about the Messi thing too, apparently it was a joke video that some people took seriously :lol:

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

It will be interesting to see if we do sign anyone else before the deadline. If we don't then we will have gone backwards by standing still especially as it seems Arsenal have signed Ozil.

Edited by ADPT

Guest Len B'stard

It'll be even more interesting to see you sink to the lower depths of the table like a fucking stone under Moyes...not to mention satisfying :D

Guest Len B'stard

Thinkin about it yeah, the tache'd fuck up his god given dynamics, sort of like the opposite effect of a spoiler on a motor, mess up his wind resistance :lol: