The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

As I said previously as good as the ozil deal is for arsenal, they are already loaded with midget creative midfielders and I believe the money could have been spent far more wisely. Scoring goals is not there biggest concern and a decent centre half, holding midfielder, decent goalkeeper and a striker in case of giroud injury or what not was a far more pressing concern in my opinion.

Schrule also looks fast, Navas, but Theo is lightening. His crossing has improved too.

Arsenal and Liverpool are looking good. Flamini could be useful.

Have to see if chelsea can win at Everton. City seem all over the place.

Arsenal seemed to have abandoned tic tac.

Ozil to Arsenal now confirmed, fantastic signing for you.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/mesut-ozil-completes-summer-transfer-move-to-arsenal-from-real-madrid-090213

Looks like Real got back half of the money they spend on Bale.

Not a bad deal for Madrid after all.

It is a bad deal. Ozil is better than than Bale.

Sure he scores a few less goals, but his ability to create chances is Zidane like. He created like 130 + more chances than any other player in La Liga last season. If only Arsenal still had Van Persie to play with him.

They are wasting such a good player in Kagawa.

why? Giggs is okay but...maybe Moyes is scared to changes things too quickly and get blamed. is he really going to throw Failini into the mix, I know he's flexible, could play deep but I'm sure Rooney would be better behind Van P. But Kagawa is perfect feed little passes through.

Lukaku to Everton too, keep Fraudando Torres.

Aye, I think it's the hangover from the summer travel. I cannot imagine him not starting once fit. A midfield three of Kagawa, Carrick and Fellaini is ideal - and say... RVP, Rooney and Welbeck up front?

Then you've got Valencia, Nani, Zaha and Young to fit in occasionally too...

Edited by The Sandman

Moyes should experiment with this type of approach:

7. Kawaga/Young/Valencia 8. Carrick 6. Fellaini 11. RVP

10. Rooney 9. Welbeck/Zaha

If Zaha got the opportunity I'd say Welbeck would become a thing of the past...

Edited by NGOG

I think Rooney wants to play up front, he came on for Welbeck on the left one game. Carrick/Cleverly is strong mid. So I guess Fellaini in front of them, with RVP up front. Valencia is strong on the right. Left wing is open. They have options. I can't see Fellaini sitting on the bench with that afro though.

Playing RVP on the wing is stupid.

He's a natural winger molded into a centre forward by Arsene Wenger. I'm thinking experimentation/rotation. Moyes will probably go:

Fellaini Carrick Cleverly

Van Persie

Welbeck Rooney

Van Persie and Moyes have fallen out. Papers are really going on the attack, I wonder why?

Edit: that's a genuine question btw.

My initial thinking was that they are doing it because they can, whilst the papers were always scared of Fergie.

Edited by Chris1989

Van Persie and Moyes have fallen out. Papers are really going on the attack, I wonder why?

The papers claim they have fallen out, seems to me like they're all just trying to ruffle some feathers and cause Moyes more problems. It will certainly be an interesting couple of months for him though as the pressure on his is already huge.