The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Apparently RVP misses darling Fergie and doesn't rate Moyes.

Clearly he's a bigger tart than he looks then.

Van Per-sie, when a girl says no, molest her! :lol: Awww, not happy in Salford? My heart bleeds...traitors justice :shrugs:

Edited by sugaraylen

Van Persie and Moyes have fallen out. Papers are really going on the attack, I wonder why?

The papers claim they have fallen out, seems to me like they're all just trying to ruffle some feathers and cause Moyes more problems. It will certainly be an interesting couple of months for him though as the pressure on his is already huge.

The reaction to this transfer window has been borderline hysterical. Moyes has been in charge for three league games and it will take time for him to stamp his mark. I'm happy with the acquisition of Fellaini, he actually addresses a weakness that's been obvious for some time. If anyone deserves criticism, it's Woodward. Good at signing sponsorship deals, less adept at the nitty-gritty of player deals.

Van Persie and Moyes have fallen out. Papers are really going on the attack, I wonder why?

The papers claim they have fallen out, seems to me like they're all just trying to ruffle some feathers and cause Moyes more problems. It will certainly be an interesting couple of months for him though as the pressure on his is already huge.

The reaction to this transfer window has been borderline hysterical. Moyes has been in charge for three league games and it will take time for him to stamp his mark. I'm happy with the acquisition of Fellaini, he actually addresses a weakness that's been obvious for some time. If anyone deserves criticism, it's Woodward. Good at signing sponsorship deals, less adept at the nitty-gritty of player deals.

Concur.

Spot on as ever.

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie rejects talk that he is unhappy with David Moyes's coaching methods at Old Trafford, according to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.

Recent rumours suggested Van Persie had not been impressed by Moyes's reign so far after replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at the helm of the Premier League champions.

"It's great working with the new manager David Moyes," Van Persie is quoted as saying. "He has his own style and methods and I like this."

Len don't bite my head off here but after the new Chairman of the FA came out with his statement about how football at all levels nationally is below par Sky Sports gathered some statistics. They compiled all results from U20, U21 and the senior side for the last 10 or so years to see what winning percentage all the nations had. Nations like Argentina, Spain, Germany, Italy and Brazil had 60%+ winning percentage at all levels, England could only manage 34%. If we have any chance of winning the World Cup we need to completely change the way we handle our national teams, while I do agree with your sentiment that any team can win the competition as Greece showed us in 2004 the statistics don't like and our national side is pretty shocking.

Guest Len B'stard

I would not get hyped-up for the world cup. Been there, done that. Remember crying into my beer too many times to be fooled by all the hype. England play. England go to the quarters (if they are lucky). England go out on pens.

No matter how many disappointments come over how many years (and i think i'm the same age as you so i've probably shared all the same disappointments) i will never stop being hopeful and optimistic about it :)

1990 - that was the first one. It does show that English fans have had a big reality check as, I remember in 1990, 1996 and 1998 it was all, ''we wos robbed''. Like there is a sort of coalition of evil krouts and argies denying us victory through cheating. Now nobody bothers with that excuse. Even Lampard's disallowed goal. If that goal was allowed, England would have merely lost the match 4 -2 instead of 4-1!

I fucking remember Euro 2004 when Rooney was on fire then got injured in one of the games, I swear to God that if he had stayed healthy we would have come close to winning. He was unplayable in that tournament, shame it is the high point of his England career.

And he has never turned-up for England since! We should have dropped Rooney years' ago really.

1990 - that was the first one. It does show that English fans have had a big reality check as, I remember in 1990, 1996 and 1998 it was all, ''we wos robbed''. Like there is a sort of coalition of evil krouts and argies denying us victory through cheating. Now nobody bothers with that excuse. Even Lampard's disallowed goal. If that goal was allowed, England would have merely lost the match 4 -2 instead of 4-1!

Don't forget those fucking Portuguese from 2004 and 2006!