The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

I guess on paper England have decent enough team. There's options in mid Gerrard, Carrick, Lampard, Wilshire can do a job as well as anyone. mixture of experience and youth in defense. wings - Walcott, Welbeck with Milner and Chamberlain, Zaha and Sterling. It's only up front where there's nothing too threatening and there's X factor player like Messi. maybe Sturridge could be a threat by the World Cup.

When was the last time Wilshire looked good for England?

When was the last time England hyped a player to the point of exhaustion only to slam the shit out of him for one average game?

Oh that's right, all the time :rofl-lol:

Well that is the inherent problem with England, instead of letting players like Wilshire and Welbeck develop through the U21s we call them up straight away. As soon as they don't perform the media slam them.

Bit harsh of me to single out Wilshire as most of out players had a bad game last night, Walker looks hopeless as he has for Spurs the last year or so. Don't understand Roy not playing Carrick or Defoe, the play in the final third was so slow and they would have added pace.

When was the last time England hyped a player to the point of exhaustion only to slam the shit out of him for one average game?

Oh that's right, all the time :rofl-lol:

Well that is the inherent problem with England, instead of letting players like Wilshire and Welbeck develop through the U21s we call them up straight away. As soon as they don't perform the media slam them.

Bit harsh of me to single out Wilshire as most of out players had a bad game last night, Walker looks hopeless as he has for Spurs the last year or so. Don't understand Roy not playing Carrick or Defoe, the play in the final third was so slow and they would have added pace.

Carrick biggest issue - I don't understand how arguably one of the best English midfielders is repeatedly overlooked by England.

3 injuries ago he always injured. carrick, gerrard, lampard would be better mid. altho will any of them beable to walk next season.

England hardly ever lose in open play. but they need to work on they peno skills bad.

Guest Len B'stard

I REALLY like Dortmund as a team. Worst thing Kagawa ever did for his career for joining United. He was getting first team football in a top drawer team that made it to the champions league final the season after he left while, scored regularly for em and now he's left playing second fiddle to a bunch of tossbags under Sir Alex and now Moyes. who gives off the impression he don't have time for him.

Guest Len B'stard

You mean, when he flies half-way around the world to play a fixture for Japan? :lol:

He seems frustrated...in fact he said as much in a recent interview.