The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

You mean, when he flies half-way around the world to play a fixture for Japan? :lol:

He seems frustrated...in fact he said as much in a recent interview.

I will agree - but if he's not fit... he's not fit, y'know?

I'd much prefer him to play - even 80% fit. It'd be a shame to waste him.

You mean, when he flies half-way around the world to play a fixture for Japan? :lol:

He seems frustrated...in fact he said as much in a recent interview.

I will agree - but if he's not fit... he's not fit, y'know?

I'd much prefer him to play - even 80% fit. It'd be a shame to waste him.

Same situation with Mata and Chelsea really

Guest Len B'stard

Watched this documentary last night on Arsenals invincibles run, bought back some fond memories, FUCK ME we were lethal back then, broke like anything on the counter, the fuckin' passes they'd string together, those massive fuckin' counter attack sprints, Pires, Bergkamp and of course the man, the legend, the maestro, hands down on of the most stylish slick smooth players ever to grace the game, Mr Thierry Henry, what a fuckin' man.

I'd go so far as to say no English team in history has ever played such beautiful, exciting, precise football, it was fantastic to behold, bought back some memories :)

Now everyone rip me a new one over the silverware drought :lol:

I wonder how different history would have been if van Nistelrooy had score that penalty at Old Trafford that season stopping the invincibles run. I think what was more impressive was how you made it through that season with only 3 sendings off in the league, must be a record low for Wenger :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I would've gladly taken a red card or two more just to see a few of the boys smack Van Nistelrooy instead of just barging him when he hit the crossbar.

Teemu Pukki was brought on with 15 to go at Tynecastle and scored a header from an in-swinging corner (which he originally won). Good debut for the boy.

BT Sport are showing Milan away to Torino. Hopefully they pick up many injuries. :lol:

Ozil played exceptional when you consider that he went into the game with an illness. If you look at Di Canio's run of fixtures he isn't going to last long.