The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

So uh, whoose top of the table lads? :D.

I imagine the scousers'll sort that out tommorow. What about Chelsea eh? Dropped a bit of a plopper there, didn't they?

Guest Len B'stard

I think a good competitive league should always be that way, the 2 team dominated division thing is becoming a bore, i think that (i.e 4 or 5 dominant teams) should be the standard.

Definitely. Consistently you've had combinations of teams contending for the EPL. Man Utd/Arsenal then Chelsea/Man Utd then Man Utd/Man City. This season you couldn't really pick out two horses.

Also true. When it was heavily speculated that Mourinho was going back to Chelsea and Fergie was retiring I immediately thought 'it's Chelsea's title'. Then City started spending heavily and doing well in pre-season and I started thinking 'OK maybe City's title'. Chelsea and United hadn't really been spending. Then bang Liverpool get a succession of good buys (and EPL games) and Wenger pulls a rabbit out of the hat getting Ozil.

Open championship.

Edited by NGOG

Messi really is amazing. Quiet game but still in the last few seconds comes up with that bit of magic. Over to you ronaldo and monkey boy.

messi is amazing, but yesterday the best player was neymar, he really did a solid match

of course, he still can improve

Edited by durruti column

How long do we think Di Canio will last?

(Will, as opposed to, should).

If you look at Sunderland's next five games, it must be horror reading for Di Canio. They might get something from WBA but that's literally about it.