The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Barcelona were shit hot last night, got like three goals in the first few minutes, was mental, they sort of went to sleep after that.

And oh yeah, to all the Salford boys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7a9ZH1Z0M

I think that says it all really, i won't go on, i won't rub it in...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 4-1 YOU FUCKIN' WANKERS!!!!! And oh the Moyes era collapse continues...

Guest Len B'stard

Well when it started i said 'and oh the Moyes era collapse begins' and now its a few steps further underway i'm saying 'continues'. It's nice to know you've accepted it's inevitability :lol:

Apologies (well, not really) for my going on about this shit but you gotta remember I been watching football since i was in nappies (so that'd be 4 years ago :lol:) and my whole life i've seen football dominated by United, i'm due a change. You're a reasonably young lad if i'm not mistaken (22?) so its a different thing.

And as good as you were, we helped you look that good.

Interesting comment I read was that 'Sunday was the day United won the league' - I guess they were expecting a response! That said, I don't know if we're the same team under Moyes as we were under Fergie in terms of that response - so time will tell. We'll be up there in May, but how high up is anyone's guess. Tactically, completely wrong on Sunday.

Well when it started i said 'and oh the Moyes era collapse begins' and now its a few steps further underway i'm saying 'continues'. It's nice to know you've accepted it's inevitability :lol:

Apologies (well, not really) for my going on about this shit but you gotta remember I been watching football since i was in nappies (so that'd be 4 years ago :lol:) and my whole life i've seen football dominated by United, i'm due a change. You're a reasonably young lad if i'm not mistaken (22?) so its a different thing.

Close - but you're not 40 either :lol:

You can say you helped us look that good but I think it's more like we gave you no choice. Always the same with rag fans can never give other teams praise. Pretty boring game tonight, good manoeuvrability for the finish. Liverpool had the chances tonight just couldn't hit a barn door.

Interesting comment I read was that 'Sunday was the day United won the league' - I guess they were expecting a response! That said, I don't know if we're the same team under Moyes as we were under Fergie in terms of that response - so time will tell. We'll be up there in May, but how high up is anyone's guess. Tactically, completely wrong on Sunday.

Well Moyes has a reputation for playing quite negative football and that hasn't really changed at United so far.

Well Moyes has a reputation for playing quite negative football and that hasn't really changed at United so far.

But, did he have those players to use offensively at Everton? Probably not.

He'll adapt - it's a learning curve, and time must be given.

Guest Len B'stard

I feels a cracklin' in the air and a stirrin' in me loins, it's Saturday, the Gods of gambling are nudging me in my side goin' 'go on son, go on, have a flutter' :lol: No no, they're floatin' down like Ray Winstone with wings goin' ''ave a bang on that!' :lol: Hence, therefore, ergo, for this reason the following bets shall be laid

Tottenham v Chelsea - Both Teams to Score

Villa v City - City to win

Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid -Both Teams to Score

How to make 300 quid into just over a grand in 3 easy steps. Was thinkin' Arsenal v Swansea Both Teams To Score would be a sound bet but it makes me sick to my stomach watching an Arsenal game and wanting the opposition to score. Part of me is also saying 'don't trust Tottenham to score'.

Whatcha reckon anyone? What would you steer clear of em out of them three? Or just thoughts in general?

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Tottenham are in 1 goal to the good but if the 365 stats are anything to go by they're absolutely hammering Chelsea, come on Chelsea, liven up for fuckssake. Still, an hours worth of football is a good stretch for a team of their calibre to register at least a goal.