The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Am I right in thinking Messi will return the week of the first match against Man City, or is it before? Thought it was 8 weeks out, so think it's around that time.

messi should be back on january 5 (against elche) or january 12 (against atletico madrid)

Guest Len B'stard

Im actually happy to have Bayern although i wanted Barca...fuck it, might as well go in the deep end, fuck em, thats what its all about innit, beating the best so what the fuck does it matter if you're up against em now or later? Maybe if you're a minnow club it's good exposure to get as far on into it as you can but otherwise, fuck it, deep end is cool :)

Although we've got the easiest draw, it'll still be a struggle...

Nothing new there then.

That said:

Olympiacos record in Greek league. Played 15, won 14, drawn 1...11 clean sheets.

I wouldn't put an awful lot of stock in the Greek league.

Celtic are unbeaten in the SPL...

They got rid of Harry, who was doing fine as I remember. Levy must need his head checking.

The same Harry who was wanking in public over the chance of being England manager he let a 13 point advantage over Arsenal disappear and was prone to causing collapses towards the end of the season. AVB might not have been the right man but Harry took us as far as he could go, without AVB ruining Chelsea two years ago we would have been nowhere near the top 4. Brendan Rogers was my first choice before AVB and looks like it would have been the right one.

Guest Len B'stard

Slack-jawed, makes it sound as if Wellbeck was signed from the cotton fields of the deep south. :lol:

What i'm tryna say is thick :lol: Someone you'd expect to see sitting by a window sill with his mouth hanging open, just look at his face and consider my point for a moment:

Danny-Welbeck.jpg

You see it too, don't you, tell the truth :lol:

Slack-jawed, makes it sound as if Wellbeck was signed from the cotton fields of the deep south. :lol:

"Oh, I no be missin' dem open goal no mo' massa Moyes!!!

I hear Moyes has been scapegoating him for United's misfortunes: 'I told you to call me Big Daddy' Edited by NGOG

Guest Len B'stard

Ozil is most definitely a freak-show; the boogeyman must look for Ozil under the bed before he goes to sleep at night.

No, sorry, all Arsenal players are perfect in every way shape or form :) (there, i feel thats reasonable!)