The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

They got rid of Harry, who was doing fine as I remember. Levy must need his head checking.

The same Harry who was wanking in public over the chance of being England manager he let a 13 point advantage over Arsenal disappear and was prone to causing collapses towards the end of the season. AVB might not have been the right man but Harry took us as far as he could go, without AVB ruining Chelsea two years ago we would have been nowhere near the top 4. Brendan Rogers was my first choice before AVB and looks like it would have been the right one.

At least Harry them playing attractive football you'd want to pay to watch. I think he was just a few players short of champs league spot. AVB seems to have his head up his arse in all respects. He lost the dressing room somehow. But I think Levy is the problem, it will turn out that way.

Edited by wasted

As someone said to me at work yesterday, how are you meant to find out who's a good manager these days? They're rarely given time to establish themselves. There must be something to AVB, given what he did with Porto.

On the subject of Europe, I actually think all the English sides can win.

IMO, he was overhyped. There's nothing overly impressive about ruling Portugal domestically for a year. Winning the Europa was semi-impressive, but he needed another year of success at Porto to establish himself as a competent manager. Spending a mere year at clubs proves nothing.

I believe that Chelsea were right to take a gamble on him given Porto's legacy on the club. But Spurs' subsequent decision to appoint him, after already failing spectacularly with another top-flight club, was completely reckless...

Guest Len B'stard

He was giving it about how Spurs were on the upturn and Arsenal were on a downward spiral not long ago. Don't mean to gloat over a mans P45 or nothing but...

Mate to be fair after we beat you in Feb nobody could have predicted you getting 24/30 points from the final 10 games :lol:

AVB is too stubborn though, he wants to play only one way and tries to force players into a system rather than building a system based on their strengths.

Mate to be fair after we beat you in Feb nobody could have predicted you getting 24/30 points from the final 10 games :lol:

AVB is too stubborn though, he wants to play only one way and tries to force players into a system rather than building a system based on their strengths.

but everyone knew that when u signed Jose 2. levy knew that. Hes just narcissitic slap head. Cant take the shame of having meet rival chairman after the game losing 6-0. but really doesnt matter if 1-0 or 8-0. they had a player sent off at 2-0. 2-0 is nothing. One goal and a last min pen. 2-2. So trigger happy. Choose the manager then back him up. Or keep getting wrong manager and sacking him ever 4 months. Maybe Cappelo will whip these playboys into shape.

but everyone knew that when u signed Jose 2. levy knew that. Hes just narcissitic slap head. Cant take the shame of having meet rival chairman after the game losing 6-0. but really doesnt matter if 1-0 or 8-0. they had a player sent off at 2-0. 2-0 is nothing. One goal and a last min pen. 2-2. So trigger happy. Choose the manager then back him up. Or keep getting wrong manager and sacking him ever 4 months. Maybe Cappelo will whip these playboys into shape.
It wasn't the fact we lost, it was the manner of the defeats and his inability and unwillingness to change which led to the sack. If they had been scrappy games settled by the odd goal it would have been fine but we were fucking raped bareback.