The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Skrtl is a terrible defender. Gives away penalties (and what should be penalties) and scores own goals too frequently.

His manhandling in the box shocked me. I know Luiz and Ivanovic are no saints, but I think Skrtel was the worst and most obvious foul play.

Meanwhile, Januzaj is fitting in perfectly - cheating little diver. Typical for Moyes to say its because the other team were roughing him up - if so, why does he have diving history (as pointed out by MOTD) ??

The title defining matches are tomorrow and Boxing Day: AFC-CFC and then LFC-MCFC.

Can't wait, though I expect little from Chelsea.

Pappy, how open do you expect Liverpool to be against City having seen them rip apart Arse and Spuds?

I think if they go tight and press hard they could do something, but sitting back to contain and counter wouldn't work.

Man City have such a wide and varied amount of firepower that it will be almost impossible to contain them (ironically though, Skrtel was immense when we beat Man U 1-0 earlier in the season). That being said, their real weakness is our real strength in that their defence is 100% reliant on Kompany and if he has a bad game then Suarez could mop up. I don't think that Liverpool will win, but I can see a 2-1 or 3-1 to Man City.

Based on current form he is the best player in the world.

The thing that I like about it all is that as well as Suarez, we have quite a few players who have been hitting their stride in the last few games - Mignolet, Stirling, Henderson, Allen, Sakho, Coutinho etc have all been playing very tidy football.

I was very endeared by Suarez's through-ball to Raheem Sterling. He could have easily converted the opportunity alone. Handing the captaincy to Agger was also very classy.

He's in a good place mentally.

• Like 1

I was very endeared by Suarez's through-ball to Raheem Sterling. He could have easily converted the opportunity alone. Handing the captaincy to Agger was also very classy.

That is what is most pleasing to me. I've always loved Suarez as a player, but been majorly aggrieved by all of the BS, but he seems to have put that behind him (touch wood *teehee*) and seems so much happier for it.

That is what is most pleasing to me. I've always loved Suarez as a player, but been majorly aggrieved by all of the BS, but he seems to have put that behind him (touch wood *teehee*) and seems so much happier for it.

It seems to be a combination of finding his love for the club, and family. Incredibly, given that it's Suarez, he played with a remarkable maturity today.

Now that Messi is injured, he is definitely one of football's top two players.

Edited by NGOG

Nah, Welbeck is a MUCH better player.

M8, when it comes to the scousers, Utd will admit nothing. To them it is inconcievable that a Liverpool player would be superior to United's 11.

I have to chuckle when I read a few of you praising suarez for not doing anything monumentally stupid for 13 games this season. The guy is an idiot plain and simple and an odious despicable human being to boot. Give it time and he will prove me right yet again. Of course scousers won't ever be that bothered as long as he keeps banging the goals in. It's a good job he is a highly talented footballer because I doubt he would excel in any other profession, as no other job would stand for the things he does.

Nah, Welbeck is a MUCH better player.

M8, when it comes to the scousers, Utd will admit nothing. To them it is inconcievable that a Liverpool player would be superior to United's 11.

Doesn't it go both ways for Liverpool and United? One of the only rivalries that refuse to admit the other team have decent players, even Spurs and Arsenal fans admit that the other teams has good players once in a while :lol:

I have to chuckle when I read a few of you praising suarez for not doing anything monumentally stupid for 13 games this season. The guy is an idiot plain and simple and an odious despicable human being to boot. Give it time and he will prove me right yet again. Of course scousers won't ever be that bothered as long as he keeps banging the goals in. It's a good job he is a highly talented footballer because I doubt he would excel in any other profession, as no other job would stand for the things he does.

Is that not the wonderful humanism of redemption? That a person can make mistakes and then do everything in their power to atone for them? Since the biting incident of last year and professing how difficult he and his family were finding life, Suarez has sought help and done everything in his power to turn his life around; surely he should be praised for that, not ridiculed?

• Like 1

The guy is an idiot plain and simple and an odious despicable human being to boot.

Give over m8, it's called an untamed sense of passion.

Suarez is the Premier League's greatest asset. Not only that, but he's actually displayed a growing sense of maturity.

The guy is an idiot plain and simple and an odious despicable human being to boot.

Give over m8, it's called an untamed sense of passion.

Suarez is the Premier League's greatest asset. Not only that, but he's actually displayed a growing sense of maturity.

It's almost like people can learn from their mistakes and change :o

Doesn't it go both ways for Liverpool and United?

I know what you mean, but Utd fans seem to be incredibly paranoid by the notion that Liverpool might 'find their perch' again.

I know what you mean, but Utd fans seem to be incredibly paranoid by the notion that Liverpool might 'find their perch' again.

Guess it comes from the insecurity United fans had for many years that they had the best side but were behind Liverpool's record.

Guess it comes from the insecurity United fans had for many years that they had the best side but were behind Liverpool's record.

Aye - Fergie drummed up a lot of unnecessary spite. He was deeply jealous of Kenny Daglish.

In my experiences, scousers have a much greater sense of humility.

Aye - Fergie drummed up a lot of unnecessary spite. He was deeply jealous of Kenny Daglish.

And Purple fucking Aki.

• Like 1

And Purple fucking Aki.

It is alleged that Purple Aki - attending the 2005 Final in Istanbul - roughed up Vladimir Smicer during half-time.

'I expect a lot more from you lot' remarked the purple giant. 'I didn't turn half a dozen teenagers upside down for nothing you know. It took hard-earned money to get here.' Smicer was visisbly aghast. 'Here' Aki insisted, 'take this bar and perform squats until you have to go back out. It will help initiate the comeback.'

• Like 1

Aki stopped Gerrard from going to Chelsea in 2006 with a powerful letter.

'Steven, aside from my infinitely superior physical presence, I will stop you joining the Special One. During a particularly sexual encounter with a lad's bicep, I saw into the future. Believe it or not, Fergie will be gone in the next 7 years. Mourinho will fuck off to Madrid and never be the same again. It will take Wenger 7 years to make a championship-winning buy. After a few years of toing and froing, we'll be taken over by a young Irishman partial to the odd tranny. This will mark the second coming of The Perch.

P.S. Work on the turgidness of your right bicep, it doesn't look good on Sky Sports.

An anonymous admirer'

Edited by NGOG