The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

I think that you should start one up.

Are you named after David N'Gog the former Liverpool goal machine?

I'm not worthy. :lol:

Yes. When I joined in 2011, N'Gog was in his prime and affirming speculation that he was the bastard child of the infamous Purple Aki.

The guy is an idiot plain and simple and an odious despicable human being to boot.

Give over m8, it's called an untamed sense of passion.

Suarez is the Premier League's greatest asset. Not only that, but he's actually displayed a growing sense of maturity.

Childlike in your naivety. Talking about redemption ok fair enough I do believe people can change but his misdemeanours are quite a long list of offences. Just hope that in a month or two or three or whatever it may be down the line if he does something stupid again, will people still just stand by him and say it was a blip. When is enough enough is what I am getting at? Will people no matter what he does just forever fight his corner? Edited by Ryan95

See, it's a shame - he's a superb player, but he's not a nice person... that counts massively.

Oh I'm so not arguing his quality mate, he on current form is the best in the world at the moment.

Edited by Ryan95

Nice? The guy has learned to control his erratic passion. In the past few matches he's been nothing but gracious both on and off the pitch.

The British media need their pantomime villain and Suarez fitted the blueprint.

Edited by NGOG

Suarez is the kind of person who wants to win at all costs. That used to come out in the form of niggling people, getting angry and throwing hissy fits; so far this season that energy has been channeled into helping his team mates (Stirling) and being more composed. Yet, that is still not enough for some people. Will it last? Who knows. In the meantime, we can only applaud it. Now, if Rooney would stop fingering old grannies it'd be a perfect world.

This is the type of thing big Rio was sniffing when he skipped his drug test...

That used to come out in the form of nibbling people.

Nothing wrong with a good nibble.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Suarez is a fucking G, he has that old school will to win mentality that i love in football, he takes it personal, like all great players. Out of all the candidates out there at the moment for the top spot, of course i want fuckin' Arsenal to win but if I had to pick anyone else it would be Liverpool, for the simple fact that a victory by Arsenal or by Liverpool is the victory of football over these pre-fabricated moneybags teams like Chelsea and City.

Having said that, either of em over United would do me too :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I have an odd affection for Liverpool, growing up they were like...quite a big team although somewhat on the tail-end of their greatness. I know you don't like em Chris but you gotta admit they got some passionate fuckin' fans and like, at least so far this season, you can't fault their football.

Out of interest Chris, why the intense dislike for em? Aside from the aforementioned. Is there more to it or...? Just curious.

Edited by sugaraylen

I have an odd affection for Liverpool, growing up they were like...quite a big team although somewhat on the tail-end of their greatness. I know you don't like em Chris but you gotta admit they got some passionate fuckin' fans and like, at least so far this season, you can't fault their football.

Out of interest Chris, why the intense dislike for em? Aside from the aforementioned. Is there more to it or...? Just curious.

Probably has much to do with Rafa having Jose in his back pocket for so many Champion's League games :P

I have an odd affection for Liverpool, growing up they were like...quite a big team although somewhat on the tail-end of their greatness.

Same here cuz I grew up in the when Dalglish's team were spanking all comers. For the same reason I fucking hate Dave Beasant! :lol:

He's dived twice from memory - but has also had the crap kicked out of him to be fair to the kid. I would never, ever support diving - and it seems he's not done it since Moyes told him off. Haven't seen the game at the weekend though?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t15Acf4H1nY

Cringe :lol:

Hope Moyes gets it out of him.

Edited by The Sandman