The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Well, the wind was against us :lol:

You mean you shit yourselves? :lol:

No i mean there's been a strong wind coming down here since the festive season began and like most things negative, irritating and completely unhelpful on these isles, it's coming from up North :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I have an odd affection for Liverpool, growing up they were like...quite a big team although somewhat on the tail-end of their greatness. I know you don't like em Chris but you gotta admit they got some passionate fuckin' fans and like, at least so far this season, you can't fault their football.

Out of interest Chris, why the intense dislike for em? Aside from the aforementioned. Is there more to it or...? Just curious.

I just know a lot of unpleasant Liverpool fans and until Suarez came along they got such a love in from pundits like Redknapp, Phil Thompson, Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson - they are all Loverpool defenders who see no wrong.

With Chelsea and Liverpool meeting 18 times over 5 seasons and seeing Essien get raped in the press for a foul, but Sissoko getting nothing, Luis Garcia's fake goal, Rafa in general...

Meanwhile, those passionate fans wanted Brendan Rogers out from day 1 until about 10 games in because Racist defender Dalglish was better apparently.

I have a lot of time for Brendan, top coach who was a Chelsea man with our youths whilst Jose was first here.

Cardiff fans were louder than Liverpools passionate Kop - "Anfields a Library" and "Shall we sing a song for you" were clearly audible on the weekend lol.

Maybe I'm better, maybe I'm just passionate about my own club and the way we are portrayed.

Liverpool:

"It's never your fault, it's never your fault, always the victims, it's never your fault"

And yet I don't know a single fan who believes that we are always the victim, nor do I know a single fan who plays up to it. There are plenty of things that are the club's fault - the T-Shirt incident was cringeworthy, as is any fan who thinks that you can rest on your laurels for ever.

As for Lawrenson - he is well known by Liverpool fans to have a dislike for the club due to an internal fall-out decades ago, so I hardly think that he is one to incorrectly praise the club.

You also keep on banging on about Suarez being a racist but you never, ever make mention of the fact that Terry was done for the same offense. I don't see you criticising Cole for shooting someone in the face, either.

I think that Chelsea fans think that their club is hot shit when the fact of the matter is that the true big clubs of England have always been Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Manchester United. Let's be honest here, before Abramovich came along Chelsea were an average club who were doing well, but nothing especially so. However, with blood-money behind you you lot seem to think that you're the big boys on the block - you aren't. Arsenal is a proper football club and Tottenham is a proper football club; Chelsea is a never was. Tell me, how many times were Chelsea champions of England before Uncle Roman came along?

As for the fans not wanting Rodgers, that isn't true (or at least is only one half of it). The truth of the matter is that fans wanted Dalglish to remain at the club because he is the club's greatest player, was a very good manager (not so much the second time round) and is a symbol of the club. What we didn't want was to become a merry-go-round for managers with Hodgson, then Dalglish, then someone else, then someone else again - that is not how you build long-term success.

Why should I make a point of mentioning John Terry being found to have no case to answer by a UK COURT OF LAW?

We all know the Ferdinand brothers are nasty pieces of work, and that when Anton said after the match to Ashley Cole that he knew nothing of any abuse, then changed his story to say Terry racially abused him - it was politics playing the FA and England team for fools.

Why should I make a point of mentioning John Terry being found to have no case to answer by a UK COURT OF LAW?

We all know the Ferdinand brothers are nasty pieces of work, and that when Anton said after the match to Ashley Cole that he knew nothing of any abuse, then changed his story to say Terry racially abused him - it was politics playing the FA and England team for fools.

Because Terry was found guilty of using the words but his defence was that they were out of context. Suarez was also found guilty of using the words, and his defence was that they were also taken out of context...

Agreed 10000% on the Ferdinand brothers.

Guest Len B'stard

Suarezes context thing ALMOST makes sense but it's actually a pisstake. I think he called Evra Negrita or whatever which makes sense in the context of like, say you're a father or an uncle with a cute dark skinned boy or girl you might call em Negrita or Negrito…but when you're saying it to a grown man its not really something you can contextualise to the point of being acceptable somehow, he's taking the piss out of him but the term CAN, in South America, be affectionate, just not from one grown man to another, then it's taking the piss.

And as for 'AHHHHHH, YOU BLACK CUNT' i have no idea how you contextualise that :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I got money on no one man, I ain't gambling this season, it's all fuckin' dodgy man, unreliable, i like my games of chance a little more certain than the way this seasons working out, gotta know when to fold em man and I was getting a bit crackhead with it for a while back there.

I realised that in my 20 odd years of praying for Utd's downfall I was praying against the best sure shot bet in this fuckin' country. Even City are fuckin' dodgy away…Chelsea are touch and go, Liverpool have never been ever so reliable since I been of gambling age, Tottenham have appeared to've completely gone up the pictures and Arsenal i wouldn't bet on if you paid me :lol:

Let em bed in and i'll get back in the saddle maybe next season when it's a bit more predictable, I just laid it on when things were bait, i've had no ability to foresee anything that weren't fuckin' obvious :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

My perfect result would be for Liverpool and City to shag each other to a good draw of some sort, preferably 0-0 but any other kind'd do, i'd just prefer the former for goal differences sake (although for some reason i expect City to win) and for Arsenal to do The Hammers good and proper.

Finally BT Sport boast a mouth-watering Premier League schedule (instead of having one token game every week). West Ham-Arsenal and City-Liverpool in the one day.

I'd say Arsenal could slip up again at Upton Park. There's no calling the other game, but City should come through.

The key will be containing Suarez and City utilizing their dazzling attacking options.