The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Weird away record though. I dont think pellegrini knows the prem that well yet. Chelsea have as good a squad its just under rated. Chelsea arent expected to win, city and arsenal are meant to win it. But chelsea are right there. If City stay in latter stages of champs they wont win prem.

I think Chelsea might sneak it in the end.

Guest Len B'stard

Arsenal are meant to win it? :lol: Y'reckon? :lol: You do remember last season right? And that we're basically an Ozil, a Flamini and a Yaya Sanogo away from that very same squad? Chelsea are 'meant' to win it way ahead of Arsenal.

Edited by sugaraylen

With Fergus gone this is Wengers chance, these players are peaking. City have been getting it togwther. Chelsea aare kind of a mess but moron is getting back to one nils. Liverpool pretty much rely on suarez. Arsenal are the most mature squad. but i think chelsea will scab it because arsenal and city have ricket in them.

Guest Len B'stard

Can you honestly say we are a squad of the kind that City are or Chelsea are? I ain't saying that we ain't got a quality squad cuz we have but it's quality that Wenger has cultivated and whoose quality is a work in progress so to speak, both as a unit and as individual players. They're doing a bang up job so far but really we're 19 good enough results away from the team that all yous lot were taking the piss out of last season. Can you really compare a team like that to say City for example that is composed of like...sure shot purchase of high level quality, Aguero, Silva, Navas, Negredo, Kompany, Yaya fucking Toure (God how I'd love him at Arsenal), Jovetic...and Chelsea, fuck me, Eden Hazard, Et'o, Torres *cough cough*, Mata, De Brunne, Schurrle etc etc, Arsenal ain't a team like those guys are a team, Arsenal have it all to prove.

Don't get me wrong, i don't mean to be a merchant of doom and gloom now that we're doing well but it is what it is, it's late december, it's one point clear of a VERY fucking tight top 4 owing to some slight tweaking required with those big clubs, we're not more than a couple of losses or a couple of draws and a loss away from being like, 5th or 6th, the more you soup this shit up the more you set teams up for a fall, I wouldn't say that, at this juncture, Arsenals prospects are worth laying odds on.

Edited by sugaraylen

Well, you know me, I will always be backing United - but it's so, so hard to predict. Don't get me wrong, City are probably in one of the best positions, but Chelski's midfield keep getting injured, Arsenal haven't had their seasonal collapse yet, City can't play away, United rely on outscoring the oppo, Tottenham are now playing 4-4-2 in the hope of scoring... Liverpool - same old, same old. It's really a top eight or nine clubs who can take points off the others - and it's who capitalises on that.

For the long run, probably City or Chelsea - just because of depth/talent ratio.

Oh, and saw this and found it very interesting. Daily Mail predicted the starting XI for the 2014 WC in 2007:

BcqhD0ICAAASJOJ.jpg

Not close :P

Can you honestly say we are a squad of the kind that City are or Chelsea are? I ain't saying that we ain't got a quality squad cuz we have but it's quality that Wenger has cultivated and whoose quality is a work in progress so to speak, both as a unit and as individual players. They're doing a bang up job so far but really we're 19 good enough results away from the team that all yous lot were taking the piss out of last season. Can you really compare a team like that to say City for example that is composed of like...sure shot purchase of high level quality, Aguero, Silva, Navas, Negredo, Kompany, Yaya fucking Toure (God how I'd love him at Arsenal), Jovetic...and Chelsea, fuck me, Eden Hazard, Et'o, Torres *cough cough*, Mata, De Brunne, Schurrle etc etc, Arsenal ain't a team like those guys are a team, Arsenal have it all to prove.

Don't get me wrong, i don't mean to be a merchant of doom and gloom now that we're doing well but it is what it is, it's late december, it's one point clear of a VERY fucking tight top 4 owing to some slight tweaking required with those big clubs, we're not more than a couple of losses or a couple of draws and a loss away from being like, 5th or 6th, the more you soup this shit up the more you set teams up for a fall, I wouldn't say that, at this juncture, Arsenals prospects are worth laying odds on.

Not as good a squad on paper but I think the maturing of a squad or team is as important as having random players.

Players like Rosicky get over looked. City have Milner, hes not exactly a player. Arse lose Ramsey Wilshire can drop in with Poldolski on the left. City will struggle without Aguero. Chelsea have a better squad but they havent clicked. Eto and Mourniho are first class cheaters. City will draw away at some teams after champs league games. Chelsea can play Torres mid week and Ba on saturday against Sunderland arsenal need another striker but the team working. They play well. Chelsea play like shit and still win 1-0.

Chelsea

Arsenal

City

Liverpool

Edited by wasted

What i was saying is that Arse squad as good as City in reality. But Arsenal's team is a bit more matured. Not completely convinced by city away. Arsenal also the way they play isnt effected by changes. Aguero is very important to city. They go from 6-0 to 1-0 without him. It all looks pretty tight to me. But im going with Mourniho pragmatism over it all. The squad plus his experience and gamesmanship. Hes going to get another striker in jan. Thats my theory anyway!