The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

I know what he was referring to, i was just making light of the fact that, at 1-0 down he was saying 'Blackburn won't mount a comeback'.

Guest Len B'stard

If getting done by us feels bad in an equal measure to how good doing you feels I'm not gonna gloat :lol:

Yeah Gnabry did look pretty sick actually. I wish Walcott finished better. Although if he'd've done that 2-0 shit having actually scored the Spurs fan would've eaten him alive :lol: Made us work for it though., certainly didn't easily do anything, it was worked for. I just do not get Soldado y'know, I've seen him score for Spain but the cunt blows sitters for you. I thought he'd be lethal, maybe he still might, some find their mojo a bit late in the day but when they do they really make you take notice.

I wanna see much more of Gnabry, have done for a while but this has peaked my interest. Our run of it is relatively easy in January, fuckin' famous last words but it's like Fulham, Villa, 4th Round of the FA Cup…can't remember what else offhand, on paper it should be relatively easy but what happens in Febuary and March is gonna be the teller with Arsenal, you can only stroll forth in optimism but whatever happens its gonna really take something and at the risk of sounding a sceptical Arsenal have got it all to prove as a unit.

I'm happy we're even where we are actually, which says something about the last couple of years. The Gervinhos and Djourous and the getting done by Bradford ain't in the distant past yet, for the members of this squad, most of them, they have their true quality to prove yet in terms of winning Silverware and getting some substance under their name, cuz thats what it's about end of the day, trophies.

Well to be fair to Soldado today, he didn't have any real good chances and I just think he will take a while to settle like Suarez or Giroud in their respective first years. Some of his link up play has been excellent but I kind of feel like he should be dropped for two or three games to have a rest but God knows whether that will have any impact.

We can just look forward to the huge Forest West Ham game tomorrow :lol:

Look I have no problem with him celebrating but doing that deliberately in front of the Tottenham fans wasn't exactly the brightest idea and it put both himself and the stewards in danger from idiots throwing coins. By all means do that when near your own fans but don't do it to entice and piss off the away fans.

Look I have no problem with him celebrating but doing that deliberately in front of the Tottenham fans wasn't exactly the brightest idea and it put both himself and the stewards in danger from idiots throwing coins. By all means do that when near your own fans but don't do it to entice and piss off the away fans.

BdKKO4SIUAAFiGn.jpg

Supposedly thrown. I did see a comment that I laughed at: enough to buy Soldado. But can't condone that behaviour.

Guest Len B'stard

The arsenal fans didn't like it when a certain mr adebayor celebrated in front of them.

Was it wrong then to Spurs fans? Exactly, so fuck em. No one points out that he fell injured in front of them and they were pegging the cunt, thats why he did it.

Edited by sugaraylen

The arsenal fans didn't like it when a certain mr adebayor celebrated in front of them.

Was it wrong then to Spurs fans? Exactly, so fuck em. No one points out that he fell injured in front of them and they were pegging the cunt, thats why he did it.

Yes Len and I'm sure if a Spurs player did exactly the same you would have a different attitude :rolleyes:

I did however laugh at a comment that if Suarez had done something similar he would have been given a 6 game ban which knowing the FA wouldn't surprise me.

Guest Len B'stard

Yes Len and I'm sure if a Spurs player did exactly the same you would have a different attitude :rolleyes:

Exactly, which is why my position is as it is as an Arsenal boy, fuck em, you're gonna take the piss out of someone thats hurt well then don't fuckin' moan when he gives you some stick back. Beautiful seeing all the red and white scarves thrown at him after the Spuds potshots :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Y'know whats sad is you're actually a really safe bloke too? :lol: Had to be a fuckin' Spud though, sods law :lol: Get on this right, my mate who used to live the town across was a Spud and one day when i was REALLY little, like right back in the day remember when they had that yellow and black dodgy fuckin' shape pattern havin' away kit? I wore it to his house not knowing just how ingrained Spurs were in his families blood, his Grandad starts actually having a proper go at me, this little kid, i was barely into double digits with my age and he gives me a proper volley, SO funny now i think back that football rivalries extend to that :lol:

Why would you want to remove demonstrations of rivalry from the game? I can think of nothing worse than the FIFA attempting to depersonalize the sport.

If you've ever played the game Totts, you know that sense of elation created by mugging your rivals. If I scored at Ibrox for example, I'd run the entire circuit of the pitch.