The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

For fuck sake, I have no problems with demonstrating a rivalry, all I was saying is Walcott pissing off the fans while being carried away by stewards isn't the best idea as they could get pelted by stuff through no fault of their own.

When I used to play I fucking loved scoring against our rivals but I never put anyone else in harms way as a result of a celebration, well aside from myself and some bad attempts at gymnastics :lol:

So the january transfer window is open. Wonder if any of the big clubs will do any business. I was going to say i would loan javi garcia out to man united but that would vastly improve their midfield lol.

Edited by Ryan95

For fuck sake, I have no problems with demonstrating a rivalry, all I was saying is Walcott pissing off the fans while being carried away by stewards isn't the best idea as they could get pelted by stuff through no fault of their own.

When I used to play I fucking loved scoring against our rivals but I never put anyone else in harms way as a result of a celebration, well aside from myself and some bad attempts at gymnastics :lol:

This may not be the most politically correct attitude towards the safety of stewards, but fuck em. If the mob of your rivals are goading you, you're inevitably going to respond. At end of the day, why give it out if you can't take it? It's not like Theo is launching his boots at somebody.

That's definitely not the grassroot football I've experienced. When anybody scores you're guaranteed to get some cunt roaring 'Yesss' right in your face. Don't know how many times there's been a broken nose caused by over the top celebrating.

Rooney is going to go to Chelsea this time, no way can they make champs league, and no way can play abroad. So Chelsea is only option. Chelsea will romp away with prem then.

Only if we offload Essien, Ba and De Bruyne. Even then, I think it's a 5% chance.

Eusebio. 733 goals in 745 professional games. Phenomenal. RIP.

On the subject of Walcott's gesture, I'm growing tired of hearing people complain about things like that. Some football supporters need to start acting like adults. A player reiterates the score so you lose all self-control and so you have to throw coins? Or tear up chairs? Or storm onto the pitch? Grow up. They're quite happy to dish it out from the stands but God forbid a player sends it back their way. It's infantile.

Besides, given the price of a pint in some pubs in London I'd keep the money to drown my sorrows afterwards...

I might be alone in thinking Rafa is actually quite underrated as a manager.

Overrated would be true.

Valencia - successful using a team created by Hector Cuper

Liverpool - won nothing despite spending a lot.

Inter Milan - destroyed the Treble winning Mourinho team and got sacked inside 6 months

Chelsea - did what was expected, won the Europa League with a team that won the Champs League the previous year.

He gets teams playing some decent football, but he has never built his own dominant team like Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger.

I think so. Look at the team - he's got what, eight first-team players out injured? A semi and a huge league game to look forward to - I don't blame him.

All the teams have injuries at the moment, it is how you deal with them that counts and West Ham aren't doing it well.

I think so. Look at the team - he's got what, eight first-team players out injured? A semi and a huge league game to look forward to - I don't blame him.

All the teams have injuries at the moment, it is how you deal with them that counts and West Ham aren't doing it well.

Yeah, but it shows more with worse squads :lol:

Yeah, but it shows more with worse squads :lol:

Maybe they shouldn't have wasted that £16m on Carroll...