The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Had an 8 game accumulator this week. All come good for me over the weekend then Barca kept it going last night. just need Crawley Town to beet Bristol Rovers tomorrow as their game was postponed on Saturday.

Shouldn't have included Rovers, the Gas are going to Wembley!

We were poor (again!) - plain and simple. Good points: Januzaj - thought he played well. Going forward, we were decent enough - a few half chances, but did we test Mannone? Not really.

Defensively - pretty bizarre. De Gea made a superb stop - and is probably in our top few players, which bodes well for future, but not now :lol:

Cleverly - stupid. I can't honestly tell if the intial contact was outside the box or not, even from replays. How the AR makes that call is slightly strange to me, I think Mariner should (from a refereeing perspective). Dumb challenge to make and therefore understandable to concede like that. First goal we through away with failing to defend and really much of the same with our own stupidity.

Rafael lucky not to be send off - stupid boy. Has a lot of potential, and really good statistically, but his temprament...

It doesn't look like the team SAF dragged to the title last season. We've been hit by injuries in a few key areas, and urgently need to strengthen in the centre of the park.

I'd honestly keep Moyes - teach him how to spend money, and rebuild. Get rid of the deadwood and make a team again. We're not far off challenging for the top spots - but those players make such a huge difference.

Also, immense pride to see Fletcher continue playing. Positive to have Carrick back too.

The second-leg is to be shown on The Horror Channel. Afterwards they will be showing 'David Moyes vs Giant Octopus'.

Found that on the internet. Before the match...

Anyway, it really is pouring for Moyes at the moment. In all seriousness we overachieved last season but some of these players may want to ask themselves some hard questions about if they're making maximum effort. I am genuinely puzzled about some of Moyes' decisions (I'm beginning to wonder if these rumours about Zaha shagging Moyes' daughter have some substance) and what we practice in training (defending) but it sounded that with the exception of Januzaj no-one seemed that bothered.

Still, not out yet.