The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

We have improved, but I still see those sloppy 10 minute spells that often catch us out.

Commentators spent half the game talking about how PSG will be bidding for Hazard - why would Chelsea sell a player who has scored 10 goals and created 50 chances this season?

(Equally, why sell somebody who has created 30 chances in 70% of the playing time - Mata)

Guest Len B'stard

We have improved, but I still see those sloppy 10 minute spells that often catch us out.

Commentators spent half the game talking about how PSG will be bidding for Hazard - why would Chelsea sell a player who has scored 10 goals and created 50 chances this season?

(Equally, why sell somebody who has created 30 chances in 70% of the playing time - Mata)

I fucking adore Eden Hazard, i think he's one of the best, even at this stage, in the Premiership…and he's what, 22? I heard Mourinho was saying he ain't going nowhere. Mata is brilliant but, relatively, he is expendable. He's a brilliant player, a really brilliant one but you're talking about a manager for whom brilliant on it's own isn't reason enough to hang onto someone, it's where or how that person figures in his plans, he ain't Mickey Mouse as i know you know, Mourinho doesn't do nothing by accident, I really think he's gonna see Chelsea clear to something special in the on-coming seasons, if not this very season. Top of the fuckin' league man…and people have been calling yous lots form patchy…think when you hit your stride under him. Fuckin' hope you don't as an Arsenal supporter but it's in the post.

With Janujaq on lwft Kagawa centre, Valencia on right it seemed to work. If Kagawa got more game time i think he could be a real player for them in that position. Welbeck is great up front, wriggly shinny little fuck. They play bwtter without rooney or van p who just dont suit 4231. neither is mobilw enough to play up alone.

Guest Len B'stard

With Janujaq on lwft Kagawa centre, Valencia on right it seemed to work. If Kagawa got more game time i think he could be a real player for them in that position. Welbeck is great up front, wriggly shinny little fuck. They play bwtter without rooney or van p who just dont suit 4231. neither is mobilw enough to play up alone.

You need to lay off that narcotic hooray for tolerance!!

Van p is a cripple. Rooney isnt a real striker. Sell, sell, sell.

So what do you think Rooney is exactly, position and system wise?

I didn't realise quite how big a mess United are in with contracts and what a clean out is needed.

Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand, Giggs, Fabio, Rooney - all are out of contract within 18 months, and I think all bar Rooney should be binned.

Edit: Carrick, Fletcher, Valencia and Cleverley all out of contract in 2015.

Edited by Chris1989

Cheated by the linesman.

Wasn't the linesman's call, it was the ref that made the final decision. Lino mentioned the players were offside and the ref decided they were interfering with play which is why Pardew was shouting to the ref that the lino was right and he bottled it as they were going off at half time.

Bullshit call though, Newcastle deserved a draw.

In the context of Law 11....Offside, the following definitions apply:

• "Interfering with play" means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate
  • "Interfering with an opponent" means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.