Why does Axl sound different live than on youtube?

Vincent Vega

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash started secretly installing an audio app onto all GNR concert goers cell phones in 2011 remotely. It's set to pick up only Axl's vocals in a live concert and put them through a secret Micky Mouse Filter. He's spent millions and had to send people all over the world, but by God, he's done it.

Edited by jimb0

Everyone knows that only in 2010 sounded great (with lots of rasp) both live and on youtube videos.... :no:

Then in 2011 there was this worldwide conspiracy to f@ck Axl's reputation. It all started at this great live show:

Sometimes people's camera phones or whatever just don't capture the right sound.

Axl sounded awesome live the 3 times I saw GNR.

At the HOB my son videoed the show on his phone, but when he played it back it really wasn't sounding like the actual show did. All the noise from other fans and stuff. didn't do the show justice.

I've noticed live Axl sounds like it's 1993--full of rasp and power and range....Then when you go to a youtube version of the same show he sounds utterly different...Is it due to shitty cameras or what?

I have personally never noticed this kind of difference... every concert I have been to, GNR and otherwise, every recording I have heard perfectly reflects the shows - obviously you have to have a recording that is of decent quality but even a lot of phones can pick up decent audio nowadays.

If Axl is off key in the recording it is because he was off key live. I have major problems with the logic people try and come up with when saying "you can't judge his voice based on videos"

All jokes aside, there is a difference. Not to the extent that some people joke at, but there is. Not just Axl, everyone. But with Axl, different sound quality makes it more difficult to hear rasp.

I disagree with this entirely. As long as you can hear Axl you can tell whether he's singing clean or whether he's using rasp. The difference is unmistakable.

There is no secret that a sound recorded with a camera or phone will sound different than the original sound. That said, the difference is not big enough to suddenly make Axl sound like mickey mouse and/or out of breath.

On Rock in Rio Axl sounded perfect there, on the concert. But later, watching the pro-shot, I couldn't beleive it was the same concert.

Because of the loud sound at the concert.

Nice pointless cupcake thread, btw.

Edited by Jeez

All jokes aside, there is a difference. Not to the extent that some people joke at, but there is. Not just Axl, everyone. But with Axl, different sound quality makes it more difficult to hear rasp.

I disagree with this entirely. As long as you can hear Axl you can tell whether he's singing clean or whether he's using rasp. The difference is unmistakable.

Nah. London 2012 was a great example. He sounded better at the show than on any footage i've heard.

have you ever watch O2 london video 720p-1080p using an earphone?

after you do that, you'll notice the difference

Yes I have. Are you guys saying that with good quality you can hear Axl using rasp where as with shitty quality you can't? I think that's what I'm disagreeing with... I'm not sure anymore. Because you can tell whether he's using rasp no matter what quality.

Nah. London 2012 was a great example. He sounded better at the show than on any footage i've heard.

lol it was professionally recorded with great soundquality. Yet you refuse to believe that's how Axl really sounded?

Delusional is your name.

u gotta be kidding

have you ever watch O2 london video 720p-1080p using an earphone?

after you do that, you'll notice the difference

Yes I have. Are you guys saying that with good quality you can hear Axl using rasp where as with shitty quality you can't? I think that's what I'm disagreeing with... I'm not sure anymore. Because you can tell whether he's using rasp no matter what quality.

Yes jimbo, i know he is weaker than 2010. But i'm here to say that in better sound quality, he definetly sound better. there are some kind of soft rasp and power. Search some bad quality footage, and you'll hear mickey mouse. But in o2 london hd footage, he sounds mighty mouse, am i right?

Ps: keep the earphone connected

Edited by aArief178