What do you think will ultimately end up on Chinese Democracy II?

Randy Lahey

What do you think will ultimately end up on Chinese Democracy II? Are you of the opinion that Axl will scrap the material he has leftover from CD and make an entirely new album from scratch or do you think it will be some sort of hybrid vehicle?

Axl's death. Then will be the most likely time for them to milk it for all it's worth. And even then it's only a maybe.

Other than that there will never be another nu record. Mark my words.

Whoops. Read this question wrong. Sorry I'm sick and a little loopy today. But yeah, if we ever did get another record, it'd probably just essentially be more of the same with contributions from Ashba here and there. Maybe at best a song or two from the current nu guys.

Edited by Bobbo

Axl's death. Then will be the most likely time for them to milk it for all it's worth. And even then it's only a maybe.

I'm pretty sure after Axl is dead, Team Brazil will release everything they have in the vault concerning the original band and/or the UYI line-up. Most fans do not give a fuck about the current line-up, so in order to keep cash-grabbing without Axl, they need to sell what fans really want.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

^^True. That makes sense. The Use Your Illusion documentary will probably come first. Whatever's left in the vault concerning the real deal will probably get milked after that.

Then if they're still hungry for more, maybe they'll release the leftover nu stuff. I'm not saying it'd probably be their priority. I'm just stating that's probably the only existent circumstance they'll officially release what's left of the nu music.

Edited by Bobbo

I'd be willing to bet they will all be reworked versions of Chinese Leftovers. I don't see Axl as being the type to multitask, I think he focuses on one thing and goes all in on it. I feel the whole throwing CD down peoples throats is winding down. I can't see them building up to another big European leg with this same set list so once the tour grinds to a holt I think he may look at revisiting the leftovers.

I think the band have heard the best cuts that were left off CD and certain members have taken the inititive to start putting their own solo's or new melodies for exisiting material from the buckethead era. Probably just on the off chance Axl does ever want to get proactive on a follow up.

Depending on the output of Ashba and whether Axl buys into it or not, you may see something totally fresh but I think he had a vision of what CD would be and being stubborn i'd imagine he'll want to see it through in one form or another.

I think he will end up scrapping everything he has and it will be record written+produced+released in great haste and it will sound like generic modern rock with some flashy and out of place sounding guitar solos to showcase "the amazing talent" of the backing band. It will take 5 years for us to get to this point and the record will be created in under 5 months.

I don't see axl ever completing another song vocally in the studio again from start to finish. So basically ashba and thal can put together as many songs as they want but the old cd session songs with complete or pretty complete vocals (lyrics written and melody defined and some vocals already laid) will be the only ones picked. New stuff will be added as layer 1002 by the new guys.

Of course, that's my ideal pie in the sky version of what will happen. What will really happen is something might leak but if not nothing else will come out until axl is dead. Hopefully his estate milks the material though and releases it.

What do you think will ultimately end up on Chinese Democracy II? Are you of the opinion that Axl will scrap the material he has leftover from CD and make an entirely new album from scratch or do you think it will be some sort of hybrid vehicle?

I doubt at this stage that it will be an undiluted version of Chinese Democracy II. I also doubt that Axl still plans to complete his Chinese vision. At this point I'd imagine Robin Finck and Buckethead feature albeit in much more reduced role compared to Chinese Democracy. From what we've heard Bumblefoot has laid down a number of parts, and clearly Axl will develop some of Dj's concepts.

I'm pretty sure after Axl is dead, Team Brazil will release everything they have in the vault concerning the original band and/or the UYI line-up. Most fans do not give a fuck about the current line-up, so in order to keep cash-grabbing without Axl, they need to sell what fans really want.

"Most fans" are the ones going to the shows and certainly they don't know the existence of this forum. FACT.

Good point.

Nothing. There aren't any finished songs with vocals. There will never be another release of original Axl Rose music. Best we can hope for is restored demos like "Just Another Sunday" and the Rapidfrire stuff.

You got to be positive man, i think that we'll hear another record soon and there's a minimal chance for you to have sex again. Hope n luck.

Nothing. There aren't any finished songs with vocals. There will never be another release of original Axl Rose music. Best we can hope for is restored demos like "Just Another Sunday" and the Rapidfrire stuff.

This is a conspiracy you've been peddling for a long time with absolutely no evidence. At the start of the century it was reported that there were countless discs full of lyricless tracks but clearly that changed as the recording process went on.

No conspiracy. There is more evidence of there not being any recorded vocals as opposed to there being any.

Countless producers and record executives have said the hold-up with CD was a lack of vocals. Not to mention the fact that Axl only seemed to do one take for each of the songs we got. On every version that was leaked from the first demos to the multi-tracks to the final CD, the vocals are identical.

I'll take the dozens of eyewitness accounts over Baz's claims.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but there simply is NO evidence that Axl finished anything other than the 14 songs we got.

No conspiracy. There is more evidence of there not being any recorded vocals as opposed to there being any.

Countless producers and record executives have said the hold-up with CD was a lack of vocals. Not to mention the fact that Axl only seemed to do one take for each of the songs we got. On every version that was leaked from the first demos to the multi-tracks to the final CD, the vocals are identical.

I'll take the dozens of eyewitness accounts over Baz's claims.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but there simply is NO evidence that Axl finished anything other than the 14 songs we got.

False. You seem to forget just how many people have said there is more material with vocals or finished.

Hell, Axl himself said in 2006 that they had 32 songs, and 26 of those were finished. (including what we got so that's at least 18 unreleased songs with vocals) Years before that Brian May said there were many songs with vocals.

Classic Rock magazine, Brain, Marc Canter, Tom Zutaut, Baz (I don't get why you won't believe a man that was a part of the recording process), all have mentioned songs that are unreleased and contain lyrics and/or vocals, and those names are just off the top of my head.

There is at least one more album of unreleased material with vocals. Probably more then just one. You couldn't be more wrong imo.

Edited by Rovim

hybrid

^^True. That makes sense. The Use Your Illusion documentary will probably come first. Whatever's left in the vault concerning the real deal will probably get milked after that.

Then if they're still hungry for more, maybe they'll release the leftover nu stuff. I'm not saying it'd probably be their priority. I'm just stating that's probably the only existent circumstance they'll officially release what's left of the nu music.

makes sense, but in this case the UYI tour documentary aren't interesting as mushc as unheard songs, imo so it wouldn't sell well

Jackie Chan

Zodiac

Beta's Barn

Cuban Skies

Thyme

Atlas Shrugged

Goin' Down

Berlin

Soul Monster

Seven

Ides of March

The General

some speculation of rumored tracks.

berlin, beta's barn doesn't exist

stop posting this nonse bullshit, pls

rumored tracks, ehh

we will never know what are those songs or what is their real titles...

Jackie Chan

Zodiac

Beta's Barn

Cuban Skies

Thyme

Atlas Shrugged

Goin' Down

Berlin

Soul Monster

Seven

Ides of March

The General

some speculation of rumored tracks.

berlin, beta's barn doesn't exist

stop posting this nonse bullshit, pls

rumored tracks, ehh

we will never know what are those songs or what is their real titles...

Huh? Berlin was confirmed to be a real song by Axl. It was once called Oklahoma.

shut up

Jackie Chan (or Checkmate) exists with vocals, Atlas Shrugged too, so i'm sure a lot of songs exists with complete vocals

stop posting this nonse, pls