Dexter: The Final Season Discussion [Spoilers]

I've watched Dexter from season one and I'm going to hate when it ends.

I really love this show and love Michael Hall.

I'm really going to miss this show, but I'm glad it's going out on top.

I would rather see Dexter and Deb leave Miami, but I know they are probably going to kill the character off. I just hope Dexter doesn't get poisoned by his ex girlfriend.

I'm honestly only watching it since I've followed it for so long and I know this is the last season.

It's so much worse than the first 2 seasons. Last season I thought it was somewhat better than the standard of the seasons before but it has turned to mediocre yet again.

First season I watched in a day, second season I watched the day after. Couldn't take my eyes of it. This season I'm getting bored, I let it play in the background while I do other stuff and listen to the dialogue if somethign happens, it rarely does.

Awesome kill by dexter in the last episode? To me it was cheesy and unrealistic. Just as dumb as when Quinn had a photo to show to the mexican. The photo of Hamilton and the weird son. "Si, I've seen him". A cop wouldn't have a picture of the son. Talk about an easy way out for the writers. Stupid.

I'm honestly only watching it since I've followed it for so long and I know this is the last season.

It's so much worse than the first 2 seasons. Last season I thought it was somewhat better than the standard of the seasons before but it has turned to mediocre yet again.

First season I watched in a day, second season I watched the day after. Couldn't take my eyes of it. This season I'm getting bored, I let it play in the background while I do other stuff and listen to the dialogue if somethign happens, it rarely does.

Awesome kill by dexter in the last episode? To me it was cheesy and unrealistic. Just as dumb as when Quinn had a photo to show to the mexican. The photo of Hamilton and the weird son. "Si, I've seen him". A cop wouldn't have a picture of the son. Talk about an easy way out for the writers. Stupid.

The only season that lost me was 6 with all the religious crap

So far the season is pretty lame. I'm hoping they're just biding their time, not wanting to play all their ace cards at the beginning. I'm expecting big things from the end of this show. They better not disappoint.

Season seven was a return to form, after a disappointing season five and a terrible season six. The first two seasons and season four with the Trinity killer were the shows peak. I love Dexter, but I'm glad it's coming to an end as I think the writers have burnt too many bridges to keep it going any longer.

Also, I think killing off LaGuerta in season seven was a mistake. Although it made for a gripping season finale, and one of the most moving scenes in the history of the show, who is left now to find out the truth about Dexter? Batista and Quinn?? Big fucking whoop. Most of the best characters are gone now. They killed off Doakes and Rita, they wrote out the kids, Deb knows... I'm really not invested in the other side characters enough to care about their reaction...

Edited by Towelie

I was so happy about Rita being killed. It's what made me continue watching after s04. I was getting tired with the kids and relationshit.

I'm kinda excited about the next episode (after watching the preview) but I think i'll be disappointed.

The show has not been the same without Rita

I agree. Her death was a great cliffhanger and beautifully done, but the show really suffered in her absence. I was really looking forward to her eventually finding out the truth about Dexter and felt cheated that we never got to see that.

Like I said before, who's even left to find out now?? All the best characters either already know the truth about Dexter (Deb) or have been killed off (Doakes, LaGuerta, Rita).

5 and 6 were weak, this season is pretty weak so far too, but it's still entertaining.

5 and 6 were weak, this season is pretty weak so far too, but it's still entertaining.

Yeah for sure it's still a Dexter season and was amazing. I was just comparing it to all the other seasons.

Okay, I'm sure most of you know that Time Warner cable is fighting with CBS and TW has turned off all CBS programing. It has also turned off Showtime, which means I won't be able to see tonight's episode of Dexter.

I read in EW magazine that Dexter's finale is September 22, which means we have many more shows to see before the end of this amazing show.

I can't even watch it on Demand or on my internet because CBS has blocked all TWC customers.

I know some of you watch the show and if you could just fill me in sometime this week on what happens tonight, I would appreciate it.

My husband is calling TWC to complain tomorrow and get us a refund on our Showtime channels, but I swear if they don't reach an agreement as much as I hate changing cable providers I will be calling AT & T and Verizon to see what better deal they can give me and get my Showtime back.

I'm very pissed about not seeing Dexter. I've watched this show for 8 seasons and I hate the idea of it ending, but I hate it more that I may be missing some of the shows right now.

Thanks.

Okay, I'm sure most of you know that Time Warner cable is fighting with CBS and TW has turned off all CBS programing. It has also turned off Showtime, which means I won't be able to see tonight's episode of Dexter.

I read in EW magazine that Dexter's finale is September 22, which means we have many more shows to see before the end of this amazing show.

I can't even watch it on Demand or on my internet because CBS has blocked all TWC customers.

I know some of you watch the show and if you could just fill me in sometime this week on what happens tonight, I would appreciate it.

My husband is calling TWC to complain tomorrow and get us a refund on our Showtime channels, but I swear if they don't reach an agreement as much as I hate changing cable providers I will be calling AT & T and Verizon to see what better deal they can give me and get my Showtime back.

I'm very pissed about not seeing Dexter. I've watched this show for 8 seasons and I hate the idea of it ending, but I hate it more that I may be missing some of the shows right now.

Thanks.

"Holding the shows hostage" just makes your cable bill higher, better off trying to find a bootleg broadcast or someone who has Showtime on Dish, Verizon, or DirecTV. I'd rather not watch TV at all and read a book, or wait until the complete series is out, than deal with this. The creators & actors get pissed about it because there's nothing they can do and hate that the fans of the show have to miss out on it. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the cast have Time Warner.

It's leverage the channels use to get more money out of us.

I'm really just watching this now to see how it ends but christ this season has been so fucking bad. If it continues down this path it will be even worse than 6.

There's no sense of urgency and it's supposed to be the sprint home... instead we get plot lines like Masuka's daughter. Quinn remains as hilariously inept as always and the actor playing Zach Hamilton beats out strong competition from Colin "hello whore" Hanks as worst in the shows history. It's just absurdly bad. I can only hope Vogels husband turns out to be something really interesting. And if they set this up so Harrison's blood-stained toy is what puts Dexter away I will be cringing throughout the finale.

One of the better episodes this season. Dexter being a mentor to a teen killer is a lot more interesting than debra being an alcoholic. At least they can do something with it instead of just killing him off.

Hannah sure is hot.

The Hamilton kid sure isn't the best actor but most shows needs charachters that's like that. You hate them, they stir up emotions but shows need them to be dynamic. Asher in spartacus, joffrey in Game of thrones, richie aprile, uncle junior, livia soprano, ralph cifaretti in sopranos, even a guy like pete campbell in mad men.

One of the things I get annoyed with during the show is that you can "hear" Dexter's thought so much. Like, all the damn time, with so obvious things. Is the average viewer so stupid that they really need to hear him think all the time to explain the show? It must have escalated during the later season because I don't remember getting annoyed with it when I first started watching it. Like Dexter being on the date and she was wondering what she did in his spare time. "I have a boat" she'd love to go sail sometime. "it's a motorboat and i just go out and then back really" then a long pause before he thinks "That's all i can tell you about the boat". or something like it. Duh'yeah Dexter, we get that. we know what you do on it. Right?

haha god damn masukas daughter. I start surfing whenever that shit is on. Why even introduce here? Must be for the spin off or something.