Dexter: The Final Season Discussion [Spoilers]

I don't think it's that bad. Definitely worth sticking with it for the last few episodes. True Blood, on the other hand, I had to give up.

Yeah, I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be, really. Drama queens.

Probably a little over reacting, but like others in the thread have pointed out, the writing is pretty awful... especially for the final season of the show. Just a huge let down for the finale season. The only thing that could redeem the show at the point is some kind of major swerve at the end.

Why wasn't it on tonight? Was looking forward to watching it after a long shift at work. :cry:

It's Labor day weekend, so I guess they thought people wouldn't watch tv. lol

I watched Skyfall the latest James Bond movie and it was great. I just love Daniel Craig as James Bond. He's the best since Sean Connery.

Why wasn't it on tonight? Was looking forward to watching it after a long shift at work. :cry:

It's Labor day weekend, so I guess they thought people wouldn't watch tv. lol

I watched Skyfall the latest James Bond movie and it was great. I just love Daniel Craig as James Bond. He's the best since Sean Connery.

I'd forgotten that Dexter wouldn't be on last night (along with The Newsroom) until after I finished watching BrBa. I'll be in Vegas on vacation next Sunday when both return so I'll have quite a break in between both.

I'd forgotten that Dexter wouldn't be on last night (along with The Newsroom) until after I finished watching BrBa. I'll be in Vegas on vacation next Sunday when both return so I'll have quite a break in between both.

Yeah I'll be on vacation next Sunday too. Won't be seeing Dexter and BrBa till the following Wed.

I think Vogel made up the story that Harry went to her for help. I think Harry might have gone to her about Dexter, but realized she was nuts and stopped seeing her.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vogel poisoned Harry and made it look like suicide. I don't think Harry would have given up on Dexter nor would he have been disgusted by his behavior. He knew what Dexter was and accepted him. Vogel is just fucking with both Dexter and Deb and I wish one of them would figure it out because I really don't want Dexter to die by her hand or her crazy son's.

I want Dexter to have respect even in death and if he's killed by another serial killer, I'll be pissed. I want him to kill Vogel and her son. I really don't want the character killed and I don't know why Michael C. Hall wants him dead and not to have a happy ending.

If you're going to be away, dvr the show.

Edited by Val22

That private eye that Elway hired is a little too cool. He seemed like a hard-ass at first, but he's like "surfer dude" cool :lol:

I don't know, I don't think the season is that bad. It doesn't feel like a "final" season, but I'm still interested in seeing what happens in the last two episodes. Seems as if Elway ends up finding out that Dexter is trying to leave with Hannah, but not sure if he knows who Dexter is.

Whatever, I'm still interested.

Big spoiler here for next week's episode.

All the leaked spoilers in the past on sites like IMDb have said the serial killer targets Deb and murders her. In the promo for next week's episode there's a brief shot of Saxon's hard drive where he has his 'kill videos' and you can see Debra Morgan listed which basically confirms that he kills her, and then Dexter stays in Miami to track him down for revenge instead of leaving with Hannah.

Last night's episode btw was maybe the worst episode of all time, lol @ cringeworthy acting in the treadmill scene.

Also, Hannah is a high profile fugitive with a private eye searching for her. She doesn't think maybe she should put on a baseball cap or something when she takes Harrison to the ER? (Which was also stupid since it was just a fucking scratch on his chin! She's a ruthless serial killer, since when did she start caring about kids?)

The only cool part was the very end, but even then I found it hammy and contradictory to the nature of what Dexter represented earlier in the show. For him to show emotion like that was dumb.

:lol: Terrible acting in that scene, how the hell was he bleeding all over the place by falling on the treadmill and onto the carpet....requiring 6 stitches :lol: Then Hannah just goes out into public without any thought, you know, like she isn't a wanted killer.... signing off at the hospital as Debra Morgan..........

Dumb writing.

Whatever. Last episode was terrible except for the end, the only satisfying thing that has happened all season long was watching Vogel die.

Yeah, I was glad when her crazy so killed her. Dexter is losing his focus and it's going to cost him his life.

One point Dexter got angry and I thought he was going to go after Saxon, but then he held Vogel and started to cry. His sympathy for her is wasted.

Now that Deb is a cop again, Dexter better watch out. I think Deb will be the one to take him down. I just don't want Dexter to die. I think that would suck big time.

Dexter becoming human will be his downfall.