Dexter: The Final Season Discussion [Spoilers]

Wonder if the ending's going to be full of symbolism, people going WTF and trying to figure shit out for coming weeks.

If it involves a ghost Dr Vogel...

I imagine an ending where Dexter finally kills Saxon, everyone in Miami are celebrating, dancing at Angel's restaurant and setting off fireworks while Ghost Harry, Ghost Dr. Vogel and Yoda look on proudly.

And Ghost Doakes going "Boo motherfucker".

In my time here, I don't think I've passed out two "Likes" faster. Well played on both parts.

BTW, I can literally hear Doakes saying "BOO MOTHERFUCKER" in my head right now.

My wife just sent me a recap via text.

Having not seen it, I can't pass judgement but it seems extremely under whelming from what I was told.

II wonder if Saxon staging his death had anything to do with Dexter also staging his own death, but he should have clued Hannah in. Surprised Rita's kids didn't make one more appearance.

Edited by dalsh327

Dexter kills Saxon with an ink pin. Debs surgery goes wrong, she's put on life support. Dexter takes her off of it and kills her. Takes her body onto his boat and dumps it at sea. He drives into a huge hurricane making us think he dies. Pan to Hannah and Harrison in Argentina, Hannah thinks Dexter is dead because it's posted on the internet. Harrison wants ice cream.

Cut to a random log cutting place, Dexter is alive with a full beard and living in seclusion working cutting logs; slow close up on Dexters face in his cabin, he looks at the camera, end show.

Pretty weak, what was the point?

For years it looked like it was building toward a big moment when Dexter gets caught or maybe something, anything. Not even that, not even a hint. Your telling me that after 8 years of this show, half the episode get's dedicated to a storyline about Hannah we don't give a fuck about? Boy this show, didn't attempt even tie up any lose ends or make any sense.

Deb died the least dramatic death possible. I read the original ending for years from the producers was supposed to be Dexter forced to kill Debra. They clearly just made it up as they went along since season 5, what was fucking point of any of this? Also why would Dexter steal and dump Debra's body out to sea? Is that supposed to honour her like all the serial killer's he's dumped out there?

Last thing, why introduce a sub plot through half the series for Masuka's daughter when neither of them even showed up in the last episode?

• Like 1