How has Dizzy Reed managed to last in the band for so long without ever being fired?

Randy Lahey

Dizzy knows his place in GNR and probably doesn't say much. lol

I think Izzy would be the only guy who could talk to Axl honestly even if he disagrees with him.

Dizzy is also an amazing piano player and like I said I don't think he bucks heads with Axl much.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard that he was kicked out of the band in 1996/1997. Has this ever been verified?

Going past all the yes man stuff, I would guess because his role isn't that big in terms of the studio process. I know it's been said in 1996-1999, he was helping write a lot of songs with Paul, but I would guess in terms of the real nitty-gritty of studio time and recording, Dizzy came in, recorded his parts, and left. Point being, he probably did not hang around a lot and have opportunities to make Axl mad. This is complete speculation, but interviews he did from 2003-2005 all seem to show that he was more or less disconnected from the process of mixing the album and choosing what songs would be on it (he talked about not knowing the track lists and not even knowing if Axl would put all his parts on the album).

As for live shows, as others have said, it's a great gig. I'll even give Dizzy the benefit of the doubt and say that he probably really does love playing GN'R music. I just laugh at all the people recently who've posted about how Dizzy somehow made this drastic difference on the sound on the Use Your Illusion albums. They act like if Dizzy hadn't been around, those parts wouldn't have ended up on the albums.

The Muslims and Jews could learn a lot from Dizzy Reed.

I'm a Muslim, and please do not say bad words about my religion!

Live your own religion, because us, true Muslims are teached to appreciate others. Those kind of Muslims that you hate, like terrorism are not educated well about Islam.

So, don't hate our religion. We, true muslim, are good people, not terrorist or what you might say.

Heres what I say: Theres no hate in that post for you to get your jihad on. Read the statement again and then apologize for being inflammitory and completely wrong. And its dead on RIGHT as a statement seeing how muslims and jews have been at war with each other for about 800 years too long.

Great post!

+1

The Muslims and Jews could learn a lot from Dizzy Reed.

I'm a Muslim, and please do not say bad words about my religion!

Live your own religion, because us, true Muslims are teached to appreciate others. Those kind of Muslims that you hate, like terrorism are not educated well about Islam.

So, don't hate our religion. We, true muslim, are good people, not terrorist or what you might say.

Heres what I say: Theres no hate in that post for you to get your jihad on. Read the statement again and then apologize for being inflammitory and completely wrong. And its dead on RIGHT as a statement seeing how muslims and jews have been at war with each other for about 800 years too long.

ok ok, right, i apologize.

I'm not a native english speaker, although I understand english well. But, I think i'm wrong on this one.

My thoughts were, he is mocking us as a bad religion. I just don't want the muslims to be mocked, but I think I misunderstand the meaning of his post.

peace

Edited by aArief178

Because he can't steal the spotlight from Axl. Anyone that can is chased away. The standards today are very low in terms of that "spotlight," so things might get chaotic pretty soon.

He has that special kind of loyalty that Axl so values: the blind kind.

He's a yes-man. And unlike Slash, Duff, and company, he's got no place else to go.