What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

San Andreas - Nifty f/x, Paul Giamatti and Alexandra Daddario's boobs FTW. Everything else is pretty dire.

Spy - Really wonderful, it's super high Rotten Tomatoes score is totally warranted. Feig's Ghostbusters may actually work.

San Andreas - Nifty f/x, Paul Giamatti and Alexandra Daddario's boobs FTW. Everything else is pretty dire.

Spy - Really wonderful, it's super high Rotten Tomatoes score is totally warranted. Feig's Ghostbusters may actually work.

Will probably see Spy next Tuesday along with Insidious 3

I watched The Thing (original) again the other night, yeah it's one of my films I watch every 6 weeks but whatever, gets better everytime. Everything about it is perfect, the raw, simple vibe of it is infectious... wish more monster movies had this kinda atmosphere.

• Like 1

Did she show her boobs?

Watched Children of Heaven (1998). Iranian film, kind of like their version of Bicycle Thieves but with an Iranian twist You see Tehran how most Westerners picture it, poor, run down yet friendly people. The film eventually takes you to parts of Tehran that looks like Beverly Hills, a huge contrast between the elite Iranian officials and the working poor.

Watching Omar (2013) a Palestinian film.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Omar was great until they've decided to go for the twist ending. I get Palestinian filmmakers want to make a name for themselves and the occupation provides a perfect backdrop for their stories, but they need to be more confident in their writing. Paradise Now was a better example

I watched American Psycho last night- I'd heard good things but I thought it was a load of bollocks.

The late movie was Annie Hall.

Recently saw Prisoners (with Hugh Jackman) and that was really bloody good.

Saw the Entourage movie on Friday. It was shit.

Complete shit. Dog shit. Repulsive, vile.

Is the show really that good though?

From my experience it is not, I could never get into it. A lot of people love it though. I was talked into watching it with a few people and the movie sucked IMO... some love it though. Guess you gotta be a real fan of the show.